Current Weather - 1:20 PM ~ Clear skies ~ Temp 83.5º ~ Humidity 22% ~ Winds E 7.0mph ~ Max Gust 18.4mph
Todays Extremes - High 83.5º ~ Low 51.2º ~ Rain Today 0.00" ~ Season 0.00 ~ Snow Today 0.00" ~ Season 0"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)

(Click alert for more info)
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Online
Guests: 296, Members: 2 ...
Humble Daisy
Pithecus

most ever online: 1243
(Members: 69, Guests: 1174) on Aug 23 : 02:50pm

Members: 4206
Newest member: Jersey girl
Support this Site!
Socalmountains is primarily supported by user donations. Donate now to help keep this site going. Click here to donate by Credit Card or PayPal. Any amount is greatly appreciated!
Member's Birthdays:
Happy Birthday to:

Birthday Cake
inJChands

Upcoming Birthdays:
Jul 25 butterflyaway
Jul 25 jim293
Jul 25 Mackie
Jul 25 Firefly
Jul 25 Squirrely
Jul 25 Patyl

You must be logged in to make comments on this site - please log in, or if you are not registered click here to signup
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Carll
Jul 24 : 12:36pm
Nevermind

Carll
Jul 24 : 12:35pm
Why are the posts tagged July 25th when today is the 24 th?

cricket
Jul 24 : 12:14pm
So, it is grey water then?

f100
Jul 24 : 12:10pm
Yes, it is the treated water from the sewage treatment facility. There is that hillside that is somewhat visible from the 330, but also a pipeline that drops down into the next drainage to the east and that area has a much larger rainbird setup.

sparman
Jul 24 : 12:08pm
Thanks for the information. We've been full-time on the mountain for sixteen years and never saw it before...

Mtn goat John
Jul 24 : 11:58am
Also for anyone interested Sand Fire just lost air support in one division due to use of a drone.

Mtn goat John
Jul 24 : 11:57am
I was going to say it is too low for SV. It is in Fredalba. Seen it many times.

shadojaun
Jul 24 : 11:54am
I know that it is the Running Springs sewage treatment plant, just below Smiley Park/Fredalba. I always figured it's just them getting rid of treated water.

Benny (N6BWX)
Jul 24 : 11:50am
They could be working on a new snowmaking system, I know snow valley pulled out all their air/waters years back and went with fan guns. Maybe they're putting them back in and testing... seems a little more logical.

sparman
Jul 24 : 11:35am
Massive. The system looks large from miles away.

Benny (N6BWX)
Jul 24 : 11:33am
That's bizarre. Maybe they're afraid of a fire and watering things down, still a waste of water...

sparman
Jul 24 : 11:32am
From below, it looked like it could have been in the area of Snow Valley so I thought it might have been their snowmaking equipment. Not sure why...

frmastrader
Jul 24 : 11:32am
Sprinklers were on again this morning, too!

Benny (N6BWX)
Jul 24 : 11:28am
Sounds like someone was maybe testing their fire suppression system? There was no active burn so I'm not sure why they'd leave them on so long. That's a pretty big waste of water...

sparman
Jul 24 : 11:25am
Hi folks, I'm looking for some info. Last Friday I took 330 DTH and saw what looked like several huge 'sprinklers' on the scale of hire hoses shooting off in different directions. When I came back UTH a couple of hours later they were still going. What was I seeing?

(C)2002-2014 Socalmountains.com