Current Weather - 01:25 AM ~ Clear skies ~ Temp 49.9º ~ Humidity 56% ~ Winds W 1.0mph ~ Max Gust 4.0mph
Todays Extremes - High 52.2º ~ Low 49.9º ~ Rain Today 0.00" ~ Season 0.47 ~ Snow Today 0.00" ~ Season 0"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)

(Click alert for more info)
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Online
Guests: 153, Members: 1 ...
iladyofthelake

most ever online: 1243
(Members: 69, Guests: 1174) on Aug 23 : 02:50pm

Members: 4355
Newest member: TeriAnnLee
Support this Site!
Socalmountains is primarily supported by user donations. Donate now to help keep this site going. Click here to donate by Credit Card or PayPal. Any amount is greatly appreciated!
Member's Birthdays:

Upcoming Birthdays:
Aug 25 iladyofthelake
Aug 26 WindyBaldwin
Aug 28 FightsFire4U
Sep 01 MountainDog
Sep 04 MTNminded
Sep 05 vince

You must be logged in to make comments on this site - please log in, or if you are not registered click here to signup
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

captmike
Aug 23 : 08:26pm
Come up tomorrow. It's really quite pleasant right now...70s, breeze, no rain in sight.

BrownBear
Aug 23 : 08:11pm

BrownBear
Aug 23 : 08:09pm
Well all I can say is I totally appreciate all the hard work of these firefighters. If my biggest problem is figuring out what day I get to come up to Big Bear, my life is really GOOD!

BrownBear
Aug 23 : 08:07pm
See its off the log already...

BrownBear
Aug 23 : 08:05pm
This is where those burn maps come in handy for me. I really have no idea if that was part of the Blue cut fire. I would assume a spot fire is like a flare up?

BrownBear
Aug 23 : 08:02pm
this is from chp log..

BrownBear
Aug 23 : 08:02pm
PM 1 [4] SMALL SPOT FIRE DIRECTLY WEST OF CAJON/KEENBROOK ON THE MOUNTAIN SIDE UNDERNEATH THE POWER LINES

BrownBear
Aug 23 : 08:02pm
As far as Jenny st goes, I aw that myself so I figured that was the Blue Cut.

captmike
Aug 23 : 08:01pm
Thanx Lumbejill. You're right, I forgot about that...doh.

captmike
Aug 23 : 07:59pm
BrownBear....in that location, would the GUESS be something new, or a contiuation...that area was alledegly done...?

Lumbe® Jill
Aug 23 : 07:57pm
They don't announce that the fire is out, because it isn't until it's got snow on it. It can smolder in the roots for weeks, months. As for the thanks, those should come from us.

BrownBear
Aug 23 : 07:56pm
Look at the Chp log a lot for commuting, now seems to be a lot of "reports of fire", New one just logged I15 south of Kenwood. Now I know these usually don't turn out to be anything, but when I see them I keep an eye on them. Most of the time they just disappear from the log.

BrownBear
Aug 23 : 07:49pm
Heard on scanner (about 30 mins ago) they had to go check an area near Jenny in Oak Hillls, but thankfully the fire turned out to be in the containment area of Blue Cut fire. I bet this will happen a lot, keeping them even more busy...

captmike
Aug 23 : 07:35pm
Firefighters...not DR..sorry

captmike
Aug 23 : 07:34pm
Great news re: Blue Cut fire. Question.....why doesn't the appropriate fire agency ever announce "...the fire is completely OUT..."
AND...THANK ALL THE DR FOR THEIR INCREDABLE EFFORT, AND NOW ON 3 OTHER MASSIVE FIRES IN CALI ALONE, PKUS WASHINGTON.
GOTTA BE EXHAUSTED.