Current Weather - 4:20 PM ~ Clear skies ~ Temp 77.6º ~ Humidity 17% ~ Winds NNE 2.0mph ~ Max Gust 16.0mph
Todays Extremes - High 78.6º ~ Low 40.6º ~ Rain 0.00" ~ Snow 0.00" ~ Season Total 0" ~ Barometer 29.828
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)

(Click alert for more info)
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Guests: 101, Members: 1 ...
BootsNBridles

most ever online: 573
(Members: 41, Guests: 532) on Jul 05 : 10:19am

Members: 3239
Newest member: firmarshelbill
BIG BEAR LIVE SCANNER
Current Listeners:
Listen Now  Twitter
Upcoming Events (next 90 days)
There are no events scheduled in the next 90 days
Support this Site!
Socalmountains is primarily supported by user donations. Donate now to help keep this site going. Click here to donate by Credit Card or PayPal. Any amount is greatly appreciated!
Member's Birthdays:
Happy Birthday to:

Birthday Cake
MountainDog

Upcoming Birthdays:
Sep 02 Craig (WA6EKP)
Sep 05 vince
Sep 05 snowmama
Sep 06 BigKevin
Sep 08 FISHNFOOL9
Sep 10 psm
Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: SCM SUPPORT AND UPDATES
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

POLITICS FORUM GONE FOR NOW

Go to page   <<      
Author Post
MtMan
Wed Sep 16 2009, 02:20PM

Registered Member #110
:
I am D-O-N-E with this subject. I have been threatened to be banned if I "keep it up" by "stirring the pot".

One last comment: Yes, Virginia, sad, but there are different rules for moderators vs. members.....

Shut Up and Fish!
bills grandson
Wed Sep 16 2009, 02:28PM

Registered Member #659
:
I don't call it butting heads I call it different opinions. And we agree on much more then we ever fight over.
I have always found our talks to be interesting and stimulating. I have always tried to be a friend to you and only wish you the very best.

I would never want you hiding in a hole. just to see how you come across at times. I did not put those words in your mouth you typed them. It is clear they were directed mainly at me as I was the only one here and you refered to MtMan's post as a "him" that could only be me at the time.

I have said tons of times that you guys have a thankless job.
And I don't try to add to your troubles.

It is almost impossible for you guys to do your job and yet have the fun that we have at being able to state our opinions without the reservations you have imposed by your position

One thing you guys have to understand is that yes you guys hold the power of the switch. But the members are what keeps the site going. I like to think that I have contributed (as has everyone else) to the things that make the site interesting.

we all hope to make the site better

moderators are becoming heavy handed and public when they could do there job better in PM's where it dosn't have to end in a fistfight.
Like I said it is a frustrating job for you

I have seen far to many really great members abandon the site mostly for personality reasons with staff. Each of these is a failure to everyone and the site is hurt by it.
I have an idea that removing the political area was the ultimate political statement.

Like I said I suggest you lock this thread and put it behind all of us and see what the future brings

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

"I solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same"

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!
Geezer
Wed Sep 16 2009, 02:56PM

tobeywan
Registered Member #1154
:
There are different rules for moderators....yea they get all the PM's complaining about the lack of civility that has been shown on here lately. They are the "Police" on the site, and as such deserve our respect. No one likes getting a "ticket", even when they deserve it! The moderators have all taken a huge amount of undeserved flack and downright nastiness from a few of the members when they have just been "doing their jobs". Frankly, I can't find fault in anything they have said after seeing some of what has been flung their direction. I doubt any of the ones causing the problems could have handled it better.

The concept of eliminating the political thread was to put some water on the fire in an area that was causing the most anger, hurt feelings, name calling and just plain evilness. We do not even know all of the things that were happening behind the scenes. This was spreading into the other areas of the site, as well as making a large number of the members unhappy and downright afraid to say anything here. I for one am happy the moderators are doing their job, and I applaud them for it!
SrRaceFan
Wed Sep 16 2009, 03:22PM
Registered Member #536
:
Ditto to what Geezer said!
BB Dweller
Wed Sep 16 2009, 05:57PM
R
Registered Member #191
:

Craig (KJ6BCM)

Message Sent:
Tue Sep 15 2009, 06:55PM

Message Read:
Wed Sep 16 2009, 08:15AM

Delete Hey Jerry. As you know we removed the Politics Forum due to the fact that every topic turned into anger and bloodshed. This is counterproductive to the charter of this site. PLEASE stop starting political threads on this site as they will only be deleted. We want everyone to enjoy it here without a political agenda. There is a site coming online soon that will address the needs of the political people.

Thank you very much!
-Craig

I do not have a political agenda but like to have discussion on the news topics that dominates my life and our future. Some of the people do change insults and some also give information on things. The Mods at times are the worse with insults but I assume they are doing it for free.

I noticed the political thread was missing and now I know why.

The post I put up was news from Yahoo news section and an article from the Herald and to me a total waste of time and money.

So what will be in the news section? Not current topics that are dominating national news.

And what is political? Are we talking about National, State or the local bottom feeders OPPS?

How about the school district. They could have had taking a 2 percent cut and all the teachers would have all been back this year but instead we now have overcrowding.

The DWP is getting ready to raise its rates trying to become the number one priced Water Company in the state.

The city is paying a hell of a lot of money for the clown at the top.

The city bases the employ pay to the same as other large cities like Los Angles

The city is getting ready to build a new low cost rent apartments with our tax dollars. It is in direct competition with the local builders, material suppliers, and home owners and they are sending your tax dollars off the mountain only to build one more Big Bear Lake monument to place a plaque for the city council.

The city wants to put in a ramp for non-motor boats and is trying to shut down the people that are launching kayaks.

How about how our forest is managed. Most of us whom have been here for years, decades are up set on the condition

Are these all political or just some?

"Americans were so tired of being thought of as dumbasses by the rest of the world, that some went to the election polls the last presidential election and removed all doubt."

"Never let a serious crisis go to waste.

Obama is currently in his fifth year of campaigning and speechmaking, which is considerably easier than being president. All it takes is a good writer, a teleprompter, a few lies and the ability to cry “wolf” every month or so.
Craig (KJ6BCM)
Wed Sep 16 2009, 06:06PM

I LOVE Summer!

:
I thought my initial post in this thread was pretty easy to understand, but I guess I must elaborate.

First of all, I want to thank the moderators as they have to take a lot of abuse, deal with it, all without a paycheck. Also, please respect the moderators. They do their best!

Prior to the removal of the Politics Forum (PF), a continuous stream of complaints were received from a large number of SCM members. It was not only due to the content of the PF, but do to the fact the negativity and hate was spreading to other forums which used to be a place for positive conversation. I decided it was best to remove the political forum and also take a hard line on political subjects in other forums due to the negative nature that has been scaring away a lot of "regular" members. The few people that have to continually be negative and start conflict were detracting from the purpose of this site. This is not SocalPolitics.com, this is Socalmountains.com.

Since the removal of the PF and a new policy on political topics, I have received 3 complaints, and dozens and dozens of thank yous. Back to my original concept of "The good of the many outweighs the good of the few". There are many other sites (some up here in the mountains) that have active political forums, so I suggest for those that cannot interact in any way except political take your discussions there. I would also ask those that have to be continually negative in their posts go somewhere else. I know that sounds harsh, but in the scheme of things, losing a little to save a lot is not of concern to me.

Lets keep SCM a positive, informative, and FUN place to be!
Thank you,
Craig

P.S. I am locking this thread as there is nothing more to discuss here.

SUMMER NEVER LEFT
Go to page   <<      

Moderators: Craig (KJ6BCM), ©ammy, Lumbe® Jill, Debbie Doodah, Bookworm, ***SCM ALERT***, Benny (N6BWX), Socalmountains Admin

Jump:     Back to top