Current Weather @ 2:50 PM Clear skies Temp 52.3º Humidity 36% Winds NNW 8.0mph Max Gust 16.1mph
Todays Extremes High 52.4º Low 24.9º Rain 0.00" Snow 0.00" Season 0" Fire Danger High
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)

(Click alert for more info)
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Guests: 316, Members: 3 ...
Rowdy18
OldJoe
Sadie Girl

most ever online: 1488
(Members: 79, Guests: 1409) on Jun 19 : 04:42pm

Members: 4905
Newest member: Luna15
Support this Site!
Socalmountains is primarily supported by user donations. Donate now to help keep this site going. Click here to donate by Credit Card or PayPal. Any amount is greatly appreciated!
Member's Birthdays:
Happy Birthday to:

Birthday Cake
Luna

Upcoming Birthdays:
Sep 24 YOMAYNARDONE
Sep 24 BlueSideUp
Sep 25 Stephen
Sep 26 Lucy
Sep 27 JohnnyT (K7JNT)
Sep 27 My Sharona
Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: GENERAL DISCUSSION
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Coyote Attack Near Holloways

Go to page       >>  
Author Post
Oilhauler
Tue Oct 06 2009, 06:06PM Email Thread Print View

Registered Member #677
:
I just lurk at this great site for informantion.
We have been partimers for over 40 years, Last Monday afternoon we suffered our frist coyote attack. The SOB came right up on our front porch and snacthed one of our Boston Terriers with me setting just a few feet away. Within seconds he was across the street and out ofsight. Being a wheelchair user, all I could do wa scream @#*%! at him. MY 70 year old sister jumped in the van and sped off down Lakeview, hoping to see him. Too no avail she took to offroading behind nearby cabins were she spotted the SOB killing the 10lb. dog. Charging straight at him, he drop the dog, she was able to scoop her up before he turned towards both of them. Offroading back to our place we smoked it to VCA-Lakeside, were Dr. Sevedge was waiting for us after our call. He did a great job saving her life and closing up her many bites.
Any ideas on how too ride our area of this preadetor, he has been sighted many times stalking and has killed many pets on our point.
Bookworm
Tue Oct 06 2009, 06:17PM

Registered Member #649
:
Welcome Oilhauler. So glad your pup was able to be saved.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me alone.

Oden
Tue Oct 06 2009, 06:51PM

Noisemaker!
Registered Member #1763
:
The best way to be rid of them is a $40.00 bounty per hide! Call it a predator stimulus program!

Work Smart Kid!
Lumbe® Jill
Tue Oct 06 2009, 07:05PM

R

:
I am so sorry for your traumatizing day! I am glad your sister was able to rescue your pup and VCA was able to save her! I don't have an answer for you about what to do about the coyotes, but I'm sure others will.

BTW...welcome! I hope you visit more often!

What doesn't kill me does NOT make me stronger. It makes me anxious, bitchy, and vulnerable...but nobody wants to see that embroidered on a pillow...Lisa Kogan...thx LXL...sorry i stole it from you! Ok, maybe I'm not sorry :-P

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow...Larry the Cable Guy
chekkasan
Tue Oct 06 2009, 08:11PM

chekkasan
Registered Member #100
:
Welcome to the mountains! You need to keep those puppies on leashes at ALL TIMES. You can't keep the coyotes out unless you buy a really high fence. There you go. It is the mountains and it's their world.

Karaoke Queen Wildlife photographer
Lumbe® Jill
Tue Oct 06 2009, 08:20PM

R

:
A leash is not going to keep them from nabbing the fur babies

What doesn't kill me does NOT make me stronger. It makes me anxious, bitchy, and vulnerable...but nobody wants to see that embroidered on a pillow...Lisa Kogan...thx LXL...sorry i stole it from you! Ok, maybe I'm not sorry :-P

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow...Larry the Cable Guy
KK
Tue Oct 06 2009, 08:37PM

Registered Member #13
:
® .-. wrote ...

A leash is not going to keep them from nabbing the fur babies

It would be a hell of a tug of war in my book! I would be bashing the crap out of the coyote till it dropped my cat or puppy on a leash! Hell the tire knocker would do some damage to it! Sorry I'm onery (no not horney) tonight!!!
Lumbe® Jill
Tue Oct 06 2009, 08:40PM

R

:
tonight?! you're always ornery! that's why I love ya! I agree...it would be a helluva battle, I'm just saying a leash isn't going to intimidate a bold coyote.

KK
Tue Oct 06 2009, 08:42PM

Registered Member #13
:
It would after I wrapped it around it's freekin' neck!!!!
KK
Tue Oct 06 2009, 08:44PM

Registered Member #13
:
KKChicken wrote ...

It would after I wrapped it around it's freekin' neck!!!!

OH an then around its "you know whats!!!!"

Go to page       >>  

Moderators: Craig (KJ6BCM), ©ammy, Lumbe® Jill, Mtn.goat John, Debbie Doodah, ***SCM ALERT***, Benny (N6BWX), Socalmountains Admin, ***WX ALERT***

Jump:     Back to top