Current Weather - 11:10 AM ~ partly cloudy ~ Temp 60.1º ~ Humidity 41% ~ Winds WSW 11mph ~ Max Gust 17mph
Todays Extremes - High 60.5º ~ Low 36.9º ~ Rain 0.00" ~ Snow 0.00" ~ Season Total 0" ~ Barometer 30.124
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)

(Click alert for more info)
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Guests: 112, Members: 1 ...
Patch

most ever online: 573
(Members: 41, Guests: 532) on Jul 05 : 10:19am

Members: 3295
Newest member: vpavlides
BIG BEAR LIVE SCANNER
Current Listeners:
Listen Now  Twitter
Upcoming Events (next 90 days)
There are no events scheduled in the next 90 days
Support this Site!
Socalmountains is primarily supported by user donations. Donate now to help keep this site going. Click here to donate by Credit Card or PayPal. Any amount is greatly appreciated!
Member's Birthdays:
No birthdays today

Upcoming Birthdays:
Oct 26 mommaj
Oct 27 dale333esr
Oct 27 jellybelly
Oct 28 SDGrandma
Oct 30 w6rjb
Nov 01 surfy
Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: ROAD CONDITIONS
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Forest Service Road Conditions 2011

Go to page   <<        >>  
Author Post
©ammy
Wed Apr 27 2011, 11:06AM

:
Here are a couple pictures from the past 2 days' adventures. More to come but I'm off now to go be "Where In So Cal Is Cammy San Diego".

Sirius Explorer

View from a ways off the road - 3N32

Lumbe® Jill
Wed Apr 27 2011, 11:06AM

R

:
Damn you drive fast when I'm not around!

What doesn't kill me does NOT make me stronger. It makes me anxious, bitchy, and vulnerable...but nobody wants to see that embroidered on a pillow...Lisa Kogan...thx LXL...sorry i stole it from you! Ok, maybe I'm not sorry :-P

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow...Larry the Cable Guy
bills grandson
Wed Apr 27 2011, 11:41AM

Registered Member #659
:
Cool video. Forest looks great 3x time would have been the way I like to roll sometimes.
I guess I will have to start learning the numbers for the roads

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

"I solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same"

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!
©ammy
Wed Apr 27 2011, 05:28PM

:
2N93 still hasn't opened for the season yet. Also, the gate on 2N13 at 3N14 is still closed. 2N13 is the road to get to Butler Peak.
©ammy
Fri Apr 29 2011, 09:09PM

:
©ammy wrote ...

Here are a couple pictures from the past 2 days' adventures. More to come

Juliann
Fri Apr 29 2011, 09:34PM

Registered Member #97
:
Have you heard if the public will be allowed to drive to Butler Peak this summer?
©ammy
Fri Apr 29 2011, 09:42PM

:
I have not heard either way. I'll let y'all know on here once they reopen it.
©ammy
Sun May 01 2011, 07:42PM

:
Update from yesterday - The snow patch is barely noticeable on 3N12, in fact we saw a small Honda car (Civic, I think) that I have to assume passed over the snow patch unless they drove up & turned around before it.
We completed the eastern section of 3N08 - map: [Click Here]. 4WD is a must for this part of the road as there is a steep, rocky section of the road.
3N14 from 3N08 to Big Pine Flat is in great shape and I believe a passenger car would have no trouble making it from Fawnskin to Big Pine Flat on this route - map: [Click Here]
From Big Pine Flat you can head East on 3N16 which is supposed to be a good road (green rating, I believe). But there is a section just east of Big Pine Flat that had seen much erosion in the past few years. We did not need 4WD for any of this road yesterday. We went all the way to 2N09 - map: [Click Here] but the higher clearance of the Tundra was nice to have. There was one spot where I tried to cross a rutted section on the road and ended up having only my left front and right rear wheels on the ground! I had to back up and approach the rut from a different angle to get through.
3N97 - map: [Click Here] and 3N04Y - map: [Click Here] have been closed, I believe, since the Butler 2 Fire. They still have closed gates at the A & B markers on the previous 2 map links.
Lumbe® Jill
Sun May 01 2011, 07:57PM

R

:
©ammy wrote ...

We completed the eastern section of 3N08 - map: [Click Here]. 4WD is a must for this part of the road as there is a steep, rocky section of the road.

A change of underwear is helpful, also

What doesn't kill me does NOT make me stronger. It makes me anxious, bitchy, and vulnerable...but nobody wants to see that embroidered on a pillow...Lisa Kogan...thx LXL...sorry i stole it from you! Ok, maybe I'm not sorry :-P

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow...Larry the Cable Guy
©ammy
Sun May 01 2011, 08:18PM

:
® wrote ...

A change of underwear is helpful, also

Oops! Sorry 'bout that!
Go to page   <<        >>  

Moderators: Craig (KJ6BCM), ©ammy, Lumbe® Jill, Debbie Doodah, Bookworm, ***SCM ALERT***, Benny (N6BWX), Socalmountains Admin

Jump:     Back to top