Current Weather @ 7:26 PM overcast Temp 36.9º Humidity 82% Winds WSW 5.0mph Max Gust 26.5mph
Todays Extremes High 52.3º Low 36.1º Rain 0.00" Rain Rate 0.000" per hr Snow 0.00" Season 27"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)

(Click alert for more info)
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
ROADS AND TRAFFIC
Updated: 07:30 PM v2.1
Big Bear to Highland (330): 43 mins  
Highland to Big Bear (330): 42 mins  
Big Bear to Redlands  (38): 65 mins  
Redlands to Big Bear  (38): 65 mins  
Big Bear to Lucerne    (18): 34 mins  
Lucerne to Big Bear    (18): 34 mins  
=Light  =Moderate  =Heavy Traffic
Road Conditions Page: Click Here
Guests: 488, Members: 6 ...
BadBear420
IDKnothin
Insider
rebug
mountainart
Humble Daisy

most ever online: 1871
(Members: 29, Guests: 1842) on Nov 30 : 08:15am

Members: 5848
Newest member: Alexfinley
SUPPORT SCM!
Support SCM by making a single or recurring donation.

Member's Birthdays:
Happy Birthday to:

Birthday Cake
Dave™
Spiguy

Upcoming Birthdays:
Dec 15 david
Dec 15 Voyeur
Dec 15 J. R. Rodriquez
Dec 15 MrOwl
Dec 16 Badgerdawg
Dec 16 propertymanager
Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: ROAD CONDITIONS :: Helpful Information
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

CalTrans Road Conditions QuickMap

Author Post
©ammy ⭐
Fri Mar 16 2012, 10:30PM Email Thread Print View

:
CalTrans has a new comprehensive map where you can select the type of road conditions you'd like to see for your area: [Click Here]
©ammy ⭐
Sat Mar 17 2012, 01:25PM

:
So far, in my observations this morning, the chain control portion in the link I posted above updates a bit slower than the chain control part on this map: [Click Here]
But the CHP incidents part of the original link [Click Here] is sure much more visually helpful than the text only CHP CAD!
Deb Doodah⭐
Sat Mar 17 2012, 04:44PM

:
Nice addition Cammy.
Craig ⭐
Sat Mar 17 2012, 07:41PM

Total Eclipse 2017 Casper WY

:
GREAT Stuff Roger! Thank you for sharing that link!

Winter can leave now... Lets try to get above 50 degrees???
©ammy ⭐
Sun Jan 06 2013, 08:38PM

:
I recently learned that there's now a QuickMap app for your phone. [Click Here] for instructions on how to download the app.

Moderators: Craig ⭐, ©ammy ⭐, Lumber Jill ⭐, Mtngoat John⭐, Deb Doodah⭐, SCM ALERT🚨, Benny ⭐, Socalmountains Admin, ⚡WX ALERT⚡

Jump:     Back to top

Powered by e107 Forum System
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

mountainart
Dec 14 : 06:55pm
To BootsnBridles, I was only referencing what everybody who lives around Flathead Lake in Montana grows up knowing. Eagles basically are crows with fancy dress, Google all the videos of them mobbing townsfolk, or stealing groceries off people leaving the market.
Nothing negative, or positive that I am asserting, they are just what they are, no biggie.

mountainart
Dec 14 : 06:49pm
I was only commenting on the eagles, and how they are scavenger birds, which mentally have no fear of human activity.

Snowplay folks, and trespassing I was not referencing. That is a whole huge probl3m up here, with trash, no respect and outright hostility to homeowners as they blqtantly trespass qnd trash your porperty, while they look at you telling them to move on.....

Benny ⭐
Dec 14 : 06:38pm
Yeah that's all fine and dandy, but closed means closed. It's not just the eagle habitat which is a no brainer, but it's everywhere. All coming up to play in the snow and park anywhere there's a half spot. I get it, but show a smidgeon of respect!

BootsNBridles
Dec 14 : 06:34pm
mountain art, please state your credentials or cite your sources so we can all be impressed.

BootsNBridles
Dec 14 : 06:32pm
Oops!

BootsNBridles
Dec 14 : 06:32pm
Doo, there are two gates, one locked, a fence, and about a mile of super rocky road!

Arrowbear Rider
Dec 14 : 06:19pm
Mountainart, you may be right about the eagles, but that doesn't excuse to countless number of people that park where it's marked no parking and ignore the signs and cross the tape, trespassing where it's marked not to, just to play in stuff that you find in the freezer.

Once 1 or 2 park somewhere that is marked no parking (any where on the mountain), more will follow, clogging up the roadway; Then it takes an extra hour to go a mile or two near the drift park & above Snow Valley.

So, does that excuse their parking illegally or trespassing in marked areas? Leaving trash, etc, etc.

Holeshot413
Dec 14 : 06:03pm
Mountain Art nails it

mountainart
Dec 14 : 05:16pm
Yet, it's silly eco sensitism as the eagles literally don't care. Eagle nests outside a busy apartment and street next door to where used to live in Kalispell Mt. Eagles would play with local kids putting dead rats on string. The "Eagles might get nervous or stressed by seeing people" is pure sierra club false propoganda.

Casadelgado
Dec 14 : 02:31pm
Definitely not enough. Can't believe those fools can's read the signs and think how bad it will be over the holidays. Luckily she isn't on the nest now.

SCM ALERT🚨
Dec 14 : 02:26pm
Im sure no where near enough CasaDelgado

Casadelgado
Dec 14 : 02:16pm
Does anyone know how much the ticket is for breaking into the eagle habitat? Hope they ticket every car there.

ROCK
Dec 14 : 02:08pm
nail their f'n nuts to a tree

SCM ALERT🚨
Dec 14 : 01:35pm
Per Scanner: USFS OHV unit is on scene of Grout Bay - Reporting 20+ vehicles and numerous people in violation of Eagle Habitat Closure. OHV unit is moving in as well as USFS Law Enforcement enroute.

PasadenaCarter
Dec 14 : 12:02pm
Hopefully resorts get some.

(C)2002-2018 Socalmountains.com
All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy Terms of Service
Contact Us

{THEMEDISCLAIMER}