Current Weather - 11:45 AM ~ Clear skies ~ Temp 72.0º ~ Humidity 28% ~ Winds E 3.0mph ~ Max Gust 11.0mph
Todays Extremes - High 75.4º ~ Low 46.8º ~ Rain 0.00" ~ Snow 0.00" ~ Season Total 0" ~ Barometer 30.056
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)
None at this time
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Guests: 125, Members: 8 ...
JohnnyT (K7JNT)
Phil G
campingmom
D.J.
MtMan
WoolyBear
labor mel
RetiredRedHat

most ever online: 573
(Members: 41, Guests: 532) on Jul 05 : 10:19am

Members: 3199
Newest member: MommaBear
BIG BEAR LIVE SCANNER
Current Listeners:
Listen Now  Twitter
Upcoming Events (next 90 days)
Sat 23 Aug 14
  2014 SCM Picnic
Support this Site!
Socalmountains is primarily supported by user donations. Donate now to help keep this site going. Click here to donate by Credit Card or PayPal. Any amount is greatly appreciated!
Member's Birthdays:
Happy Birthday to:

Birthday Cake
km6sx

Upcoming Birthdays:
Aug 01 LadyofSkyforest
Aug 01 bluemeadow
Aug 01 megarita
Aug 01 av8er
Aug 03 JPM'S GP
Aug 04 pcbubba-KI6OHK
Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Most agree with Photo ID for Voting

Author Post
MtMan
Tue Apr 17 2012, 04:16PM Email Thread Print View

Registered Member #110
:
73% Think Photo ID Requirement Before Voting Does Not Discriminate

Rasmussen Reports, April 16, 2012

Despite his insistence that voter fraud is not a serious problem, Attorney General Eric Holder was embarrassed last week when a video surfaced of someone illegally obtaining a ballot to vote under Holder’s name in his home precinct in Washington, D.C. Most voters consider voter fraud a problem in America today and continue to overwhelmingly support laws requiring people to show photo identification before being allowed to vote.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 64% of Likely U.S. Voters rate voter fraud at least a somewhat serious problem in the United States today, and just 24% disagree. {snip}

{snip}

(I, for one, am surprised that 24% disagree with this)

Shut Up and Fish!
Socalman
Tue Apr 17 2012, 10:09PM

Socalman
Registered Member #228
:
Even if someone does not have a PHOTO ID, they most likely have some other sort of ID. I have never understood the ability just to walk in and say my name and get my ballot. Heck, when I was in high school and worked in a library we required ID to get a library card!
bills grandson
Wed Apr 18 2012, 01:36AM

Registered Member #659
:
my mom used to work the polls. I remember one year it was at the elementary school. The way it was set up it was local and everyone knew everyone so it would be hard for a stranger to walk in and get a ballot. We ended up with a bunch of those rotten pencils. I think it should go beyond a photo ID and to sign up you should prove you are eligable to be voting. Maybe even do like they did in Iraq and when done voting you had a purple thumb. Not only would everyone know you voted you could only vote once.
I could also see a very basic IQ test.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

"I solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same"

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!
RubiCrawlerLJ
Wed Apr 18 2012, 03:30AM

Registered Member #1405
:
Requirement to vote should be US government or State issued photo ID and the voter not receiving a government subsidy for a continuous one year period prior to the voting date!

“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.”
“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
― Abraham Lincoln

3rd MAW, MAG 11, VMFA 531, MCAS El Toro, CA (1982 - 1986)
Semper fi!

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Lumbe® Jill
Wed Apr 18 2012, 07:33AM

R

:
My moms name remained on the registered voters list long after she had died. One year I noticed that someone had signed on her line. When I asked about it, saying that she was dead, the pollster said "someone must have signed on the wrong line". I said "funny...they signed her name" They just shrugged and went about their business.

What doesn't kill me does NOT make me stronger. It makes me anxious, bitchy, and vulnerable...but nobody wants to see that embroidered on a pillow...Lisa Kogan...thx LXL...sorry i stole it from you! Ok, maybe I'm not sorry :-P

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow...Larry the Cable Guy
BB Dweller
Wed Apr 18 2012, 07:56AM
R
Registered Member #191
:
City of Big Bear Lake is here from Voter Fraud. A lot of business owners in the city area were registered at their Business address and BBL PO boxes in the 70s. It really never made much of a difference till the separation of the city from county all the ballots were the same through the whole Valley. People would move out of BBL out to BBC and still get mail in town. Why would you bother changing your voter address when the ballots were all the same back then.

"Americans were so tired of being thought of as dumbasses by the rest of the world, that some went to the election polls the last presidential election and removed all doubt."

"Never let a serious crisis go to waste.

Obama is currently in his fifth year of campaigning and speechmaking, which is considerably easier than being president. All it takes is a good writer, a teleprompter, a few lies and the ability to cry “wolf” every month or so.
BB Dweller
Wed Apr 18 2012, 08:13AM
R
Registered Member #191
:
My driver’s license has never had a physical address on it just a P.O Box

"Americans were so tired of being thought of as dumbasses by the rest of the world, that some went to the election polls the last presidential election and removed all doubt."

"Never let a serious crisis go to waste.

Obama is currently in his fifth year of campaigning and speechmaking, which is considerably easier than being president. All it takes is a good writer, a teleprompter, a few lies and the ability to cry “wolf” every month or so.
Oso
Wed Apr 18 2012, 10:18AM
Registered Member #2392
:
Good news for Obama supporters. You can vote as many times as you want on November 7th for your candidate. Be sure to carpool to save the planet.
Ernest T. Bass
Wed Apr 18 2012, 12:17PM

winter is coming, soon, real soon
Registered Member #504
:
And to those that will write in a candidate, all you are doing is voting for Barry to go 4 more years.

I don’t need your attitude thanks, I have one of my own!

The Holocaust...Never Again
השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Mountain Mike
Thu Apr 19 2012, 04:42PM

Super genius
Registered Member #53
:
I know this is off the subject but I do think people entering the country, even if it's just to visit should be fingerprinted and photographed and stored in a database. This would prevent people from coming in with a fake passport (unless you do it the very first time you come to America but then you'd have to consistently use the same fake name every time you visit). It would be a convenience for visitors if their country has the same system in place because if they would only need a passport the first time they visit America. The main reason? Make it more difficult for terrorists.

A friend of mine brought up a good point: It would make visitors skittish because they might feel that it's big-brother-esque but the convenience aspect of it could be pointed out. Also the fact that it's a security measure might make people more comfortable with it. The TSA is already getting away with so much, like making people take off their shoes (Muslims already take off their shoes when they are indoors so they're used to it! 8^))

I think I'll vote for Turk 182 this year.

Well I guess I'll just sit here and blow up then, shall I?If Mr Spock is left brained, then why does he play an instrument?
Website

Moderators: Craig (KJ6BCM), ©ammy, Lumbe® Jill, Debbie Doodah, Bookworm, ***SCM ALERT***, Benny (N6BWX), Socalmountains Admin

Jump:     Back to top