Current Weather - 6:25 PM ~ Overcast at 8000 ft ~ Temp 62.9º ~ Humidity 48% ~ Winds WSW 4.0mph ~ Max Gust 13.0mph
Todays Extremes - High 65.5º ~ Low 34.8º ~ Rain Today 0.00" ~ Season 0.62 ~ Snow Today 0.00" ~ Season 0"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)

(Click alert for more info)
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Guests: 301, Members: 9 ...
BrownBear
bills grandson
WoolyBear
holeinbow
KK
Tibia (W6AJO)
Cap'n Crunch
Kelaarin
onur6boss

most ever online: 1243
(Members: 69, Guests: 1174) on Aug 23 : 02:50pm

Members: 4394
Newest member: Caligirl
Support this Site!
Socalmountains is primarily supported by user donations. Donate now to help keep this site going. Click here to donate by Credit Card or PayPal. Any amount is greatly appreciated!
Member's Birthdays:

Upcoming Birthdays:
Oct 02 missblueyes
Oct 03 Wellread
Oct 03 arroyofire62
Oct 03 Bear
Oct 04 LakrFan1
Oct 05 Judytimes3
Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: GENERAL DISCUSSION
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Check your receipt

Author Post
Ernest T. Bass
Mon Apr 23 2012, 01:10PM Email Thread Print View

winter is coming, soon, real soon
Registered Member #504
:
Okay, so went shopping and charged the purchase, when I got home looked at the receipt and it was for 3X what I had bought. Went back and talked to the manger and we straightened it out, seems they put the last 4 numbers of the CC in and the cashier was treating it like a debit card so it thought that was the amount, honest mistake but it would have cost me money if I didn't catch it.

I don’t need your attitude thanks, I have one of my own!

The Holocaust...Never Again
השואה... לעולם לא עוד
MtMan
Mon Apr 23 2012, 02:30PM

Registered Member #110
:
If you shop at Von's and you use your club card along with the online thing, you need to check your receipt, item by item. We have bought items and they were not charged the sale price. No problem when you bring back your receipt and show the items mis-priced, they will refund the difference. Just beware and ALWAYS check your receipt.

Sort of on the same subject: I just re-upped my verizon cell phone, with "free" phones after a mail-in rebate. I asked the salesman, just out of curiosity, what percentage of people actually go through and fill out the tedious paperwork required to reeive the rebate. He told me 75% do NOT file for a rebate. Very surprised at that number. 50 bucks is 50 bucks. No wonder they "offer" rebates.

Shut Up and Fish!
Geezer
Mon Apr 23 2012, 07:11PM

tobeywan
Registered Member #1154
:
MtMan wrote ...

If you shop at Von's and you use your club card along with the online thing, you need to check your receipt, item by item. We have bought items and they were not charged the sale price. No problem when you bring back your receipt and show the items mis-priced, they will refund the difference. Just beware and ALWAYS check your receipt.

Sort of on the same subject: I just re-upped my verizon cell phone, with "free" phones after a mail-in rebate. I asked the salesman, just out of curiosity, what percentage of people actually go through and fill out the tedious paperwork required to reeive the rebate. He told me 75% do NOT file for a rebate. Very surprised at that number. 50 bucks is 50 bucks. No wonder they "offer" rebates.

Because they NEVER send you the rebate!
UBU
Mon Apr 23 2012, 10:09PM

Registered Member #45
:
Geezer - They (Verizon) send out a Visa/Citi rebate/debit card. I got mine for $50 in Jan.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
---Bill Gates, 1981
Ernest T. Bass
Tue Apr 24 2012, 08:43AM

winter is coming, soon, real soon
Registered Member #504
:
never had a problem getting the rebate, just takes forever.

I don’t need your attitude thanks, I have one of my own!

The Holocaust...Never Again
השואה... לעולם לא עוד

Moderators: Craig (KJ6BCM), ©ammy, Lumbe® Jill, Mtn goat John, Debbie Doodah, Bookworm, ***SCM ALERT***, Benny (N6BWX), Socalmountains Admin, ***WX ALERT***

Jump:     Back to top