Current Weather - 9:50 PM ~ Clear skies ~ Temp 44.6º ~ Humidity 95% ~ Winds SSW 0.0mph ~ Max Gust 24.2mph
Todays Extremes - High 58.7º ~ Low 43.3º ~ Rain Today 0.95" ~ Season 1.70 ~ Snow Today 0.00" ~ Season 0"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)

(Click alert for more info)

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Guests: 200, Members: 7 ...
LA Owl
RS2LV Baja

most ever online: 1243
(Members: 69, Guests: 1174) on Aug 23 : 02:50pm

Members: 4423
Newest member: Dennis Bogard
Support this Site!
Socalmountains is primarily supported by user donations. Donate now to help keep this site going. Click here to donate by Credit Card or PayPal. Any amount is greatly appreciated!
Member's Birthdays:
No birthdays today

Upcoming Birthdays:
Oct 26 mommaj
Oct 27 dale333esr
Oct 27 jellybelly
Oct 28 SDGrandma
Oct 29 Woodchucker
Oct 30 w6rjb
Forums :: Forums :: ROAD CONDITIONS
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Hwy 38

Author Post
Sat Apr 28 2012, 11:04AM Email Thread Print View
SCM Reporter
Registered Member #550
Per CHP log, there is a 6-8 ton boulder in the middle of the roadway on hwy38, mm 22.

Sat Apr 28 2012, 11:30AM
SCM Reporter
Registered Member #550
Sounds like the boulder is on the fog line and not a hazard.

Moderators: Craig (KJ6BCM), ©ammy, Lumbe® Jill, Mtn goat John, Debbie Doodah, Bookworm, ***SCM ALERT***, Benny (N6BWX), Socalmountains Admin, ***WX ALERT***

Jump:     Back to top

Powered by e107 Forum System
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

Oct 24 : 08:07pm
Lighting and Thunder here in Indio, that doesnt happen very often

Oct 24 : 08:04pm
On my deck, looking east..
No clouds over hesd, but cloud reflected lightning to the east..
Ckd. The radar, shows very little
Am I actually seeing what I thinx

Benny (N6BWX)
Oct 24 : 07:38pm
It is worthy of noting, the most recent La Nina's(past 15 years) have been generally cool AND wet...

Oct 24 : 07:21pm
Let's just hope/pray for the best Benny! We need the rain..s

Cap'n Crunch
Oct 24 : 07:15pm
Thanks for the explanation Benny. After reading your reminder that oceanography is not meteorology,I was hoping to hear that the La Nina should not have a major impact on our winter weather. I like our odds.

Benny (N6BWX)
Oct 24 : 07:04pm

I'm with ya Nona, I know, they said too big to fail! It was a pretty epic fail compared to what statistically should have happened. We are in a very weak La Nina to near neutral SST's, which shouldn't have a major impact in our weather either way this season. Giving us about an equal 1/3rd chance to have below, normal or above normal precip. So... throw your darts.

Sun Diego
Oct 24 : 06:27pm
fast down pour and lighting thunder in San Diego. Streets wet and would be flooded if it kept up. Dog will not go outside.

Sun Diego
Oct 24 : 06:25pm
It looks like it to me Cap"n Crunch, I am interested in Benny's observation.

Cap'n Crunch
Oct 24 : 06:23pm
I recall hearing that we may be getting a mild La Nina influence this winter. Is that still the case?

Oct 24 : 06:23pm
Ok Benny! I was just sayin.....

Benny (N6BWX)
Oct 24 : 06:17pm
Well, for the record it was a monster El Nino, tied for one of the strongest on record, but El Nino is a Ocean occurrence, not a Meteorological one. It "typically" brings wet winters, and did, to our north. Just not for us.

Oct 24 : 06:04pm
NWS is so slippery Benny! Re: last El Niño?

Benny (N6BWX)
Oct 24 : 06:02pm

Course they haven't said no rain this year... but lets hope for the best! An awesome start!

Oct 24 : 06:00pm
The rain is wonderful and so needed. My theory is The National Weather Service says no rain this year we're going to get rain

Benny (N6BWX)
Oct 24 : 05:56pm
I'll check it out Cammy. That's one thing I was surprised I didn't see today, any hail. Glad you got some!

All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy Terms of Service
Contact Us

Software defect detected; ob_*() level 1 at end.