Current Weather - 5:05 PM ~ Clear skies ~ Temp 67.6º ~ Humidity 24% ~ Winds E 7.0mph ~ Max Gust 22.0mph
Todays Extremes - High 69.2º ~ Low 34.1º ~ Rain Today 0.00" ~ Season 0.62 ~ Snow Today 0.00" ~ Season 0"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)

(Click alert for more info)
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
Guests: 260, Members: 2 ...
dsrtpsn
Around The Lake

most ever online: 1243
(Members: 69, Guests: 1174) on Aug 23 : 02:50pm

Members: 4390
Newest member: jdearl
Support this Site!
Socalmountains is primarily supported by user donations. Donate now to help keep this site going. Click here to donate by Credit Card or PayPal. Any amount is greatly appreciated!
Member's Birthdays:
Happy Birthday to:

Birthday Cake
Lucy

Upcoming Birthdays:
Sep 27 JohnnyT (K7JNT)
Sep 27 My Sharona
Sep 27 BackpackerRyan
Sep 28 Mountain Mike
Sep 28 Radha
Sep 28 Canvas Man
Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: ROAD CONDITIONS
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Hwy 38

Author Post
heyjude
Sat Apr 28 2012, 11:04AM Email Thread Print View
SCM Reporter
Registered Member #550
:
Per CHP log, there is a 6-8 ton boulder in the middle of the roadway on hwy38, mm 22.

heyjude
Sat Apr 28 2012, 11:30AM
SCM Reporter
Registered Member #550
:
Sounds like the boulder is on the fog line and not a hazard.

Moderators: Craig (KJ6BCM), ©ammy, Lumbe® Jill, Mtn goat John, Debbie Doodah, Bookworm, ***SCM ALERT***, Benny (N6BWX), Socalmountains Admin, ***WX ALERT***

Jump:     Back to top

Powered by e107 Forum System
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

dsrtpsn
Sep 26 : 04:50pm
I visited Big Bear Today, and experienced first hand the construction on B bear Blvd. Should be re-named Construction Blvd. I suppose it will all be worth it when finished. Was a beautiful day at the Lake as always this time of year..

Benny (N6BWX)
Sep 26 : 04:29pm
Lots of dust devils reported along HWY 138 within the Blue Cut fire, no smoke in the area, just dust/ash getting kicked up by the wind.

Benny (N6BWX)
Sep 26 : 04:14pm
Speaking of which, there is another small Veg Fire at Little Mountain, a 20x20' spot in light fuels. Units gaining access now and should be able to grab this one quick.

Benny (N6BWX)
Sep 26 : 04:04pm
Hahaha so true Wooley... I think everything has something going on.

WoolyBear
Sep 26 : 04:01pm
Any roads not under repair/construction so we can get them closed also?

Benny (N6BWX)
Sep 26 : 04:00pm
Rest assured, if it turned out to be an incident, you would have heard about it here. Consider no news, good news.

Benny (N6BWX)
Sep 26 : 03:58pm
I'll answer, because it was 1 in the morning and everybody was asleep, just as you all should have been! lol
Considered to be a non-issue, by the time everyone was up, it was long out...

WoolyBear
Sep 26 : 03:53pm
Sun is was, Ben

Big Bear Bob
Sep 26 : 03:43pm
The canyon fire located at Highway 18 and old Waterman Canyon Road is now considered to be extinguished. They are keeping the card open and engine 3 3-6 will make regular checks to confirm that the fire remains out.

To the woman that mention to me early in the morning hours and asked why SCM was not updating the fire, I'm not part of the management or programming team here so I'm not able to answer your question.

Benny (N6BWX)
Sep 26 : 03:43pm
That's Caltrans for ya. Wooley, maybe in the sun it was 75, but our actual high temp today was a pleasant 68 degrees, both in Big Bear City and Moonridge!

BootsNBridles
Sep 26 : 03:11pm
25 min wait at the top of 18 today while they striped a 30foot section. More correctly, while they stood around and talked, in full view of the thirty cars waiting to get to work.....

WoolyBear
Sep 26 : 02:50pm
OK.......Heat wave now! 75° in Moonridge.

BillyJean
Sep 26 : 02:04pm
Awww, poor poor Wooley, he tries! That's actually rather chilly in comparison to down here!

Benny (N6BWX)
Sep 26 : 01:51pm
Wooley no one said cold, I said cool. When you factor in our average is 72 this time of year and we've only been hitting mid-upper 60's. It is technically cool.

Airport Razz
Sep 26 : 01:23pm
Back side of 18 getting new center stripes and the sound divots. Should make trips up/down a little safer

(C)2002-2014 Socalmountains.com
All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy Terms of Service
Contact Us

{THEMEDISCLAIMER}

Software defect detected; ob_*() level 1 at end.