Current Weather @ 11:46 AM partly cloudy Temp 27.4º Humidity 73% Winds NW 5.0mph Max Gust 23.0mph
Todays Extremes High 30.2º Low 19.7º Rain 0.00" Rain Rate 0.000" per hr Snow 0.00" Season 45"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)

(Click alert for more info)
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
ROADS AND TRAFFIC
Updated: 11:30 AM v2.1
Big Bear to Highland (330): CLOSED   
Highland to Big Bear (330): CLOSED   
Big Bear to Redlands  (38): 85 mins  
Redlands to Big Bear  (38): 102 mins  
Big Bear to Lucerne    (18): 42 mins  
Lucerne to Big Bear    (18): 39 mins  
=Light  =Moderate  =Heavy Traffic
Road Conditions Page: Click Here
Guests: 695, Members: 21 ...
Holeshot413
haybail
bernermom
Boatmick
Twilightblue
Cap'n Crunch
booboo
QuietOne
Fawnskindawn
Desert Way Jay
pipeliner
SmokeJumpers
onur6boss
Humble Daisy
Metcalf Man
rebug
Van

most ever online: 1532
(Members: 36, Guests: 1496) on Jul 06 : 02:54pm

Members: 5309
Newest member: Chiva loca
SUPPORT SCM!
Support SCM by making a single or recurring donation.

Member's Birthdays:
Happy Birthday to:

Birthday Cake
OldJoe

Upcoming Birthdays:
Feb 18 Lalala
Feb 18 Rain
Feb 18 fastelk
Feb 18 kof218
Feb 19 iyayu2
Feb 19 cvanorden
Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: GENERAL DISCUSSION
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Apollo 8 - 50 Years Later

Author Post
Dave™
Wed Dec 12 2018, 03:44PM Email Thread Print View

It's been 50 years and counting...
Registered Member #30
:
Even after 50 years this picture still gets to me.

And if you're curious about the launch vehicle, here's a very clear picture of all the companies involved.

"A sad day is seeing Big Bear in your rear view mirror" - @llen

" A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking real money" -attributed to Everett Dirksen

"If God wanted us to vote, He should have provided candidates." - The Kingston Trio
©ammy
Wed Dec 12 2018, 08:11PM

:
That is definitely an awesome picture showing the Earth that small!
Polar Orbit
Thu Dec 13 2018, 02:40PM
Registered Member #14051
:
Would be an amazing view. Nothing on the moon for size reference, but the earth would look four times bigger than the moon looks to us. Assuming of course, that the distance from the earth to the moon is the same as the distance from the moon to the earth.
Craig (KJ6BCM)
Thu Dec 13 2018, 06:37PM

Total Eclipse 2017 Casper WY

:
Awesome stuff Dave!!

Winter can leave now... Lets try to get above 50 degrees???
©ammy
Thu Dec 13 2018, 07:55PM

:
Polar Orbit wrote ...

Assuming of course, that the distance from the earth to the moon is the same as the distance from the moon to the earth.

Moderators: Craig (KJ6BCM), ©ammy, Lumbe® Jill, Mtn.goat John, Debbie Doodah, ***SCM ALERT***, Benny (N6BWX), Socalmountains Admin, ***WX ALERT***

Jump:     Back to top

Powered by e107 Forum System
Chatbox
You must be logged in to post comments on this site - please either log in or if you are not registered click here to signup

booboo
Feb 17 : 11:41am
BB has linguini with clam sauce, beef stew and chili!
Wow on trip to Staters.We have all these visitors driving up,where did they go? Aliens get em?Dont want that,Ive heard of these colonoscopy's the Aliens do to you.

Desert Way Jay
Feb 17 : 11:38am
booboo looks like my tummy jumped the gun. I see BBNona is making made linguini with clam sauce, beef stew and chili! Great cooking weather!

booboo
Feb 17 : 11:36am
Fawnskindawn,what channel for the 500?

Desert Way Jay
Feb 17 : 11:34am
booboo What's on the menu at BBNona's house? lol I'm making a big pot of Thai coconut soup with all the fixins over here at BB Mamaw's house. hehe

Desert Way Jay
Feb 17 : 11:32am
Just had the best shopping experience at Stater Bros. EVER! Easy parking, hardly anyone in the store, no lines. Seemed like mostly locals. Nice convo with cashier Ms. Sherry who just got her electricity and cable back on in Fawnskin.

Fawnskindawn
Feb 17 : 11:27am
Now it is time For the Daytona 500

Fawnskindawn
Feb 17 : 11:27am
Well said Benny.

Benny (N6BWX)
Feb 17 : 11:22am
If you want to post productive suggestions to help people that's awesome, we're all for it and that's what this is for! But the past few days has been nothing but whining about traffic and how much Big Bear sucks and how glad folks are to be moving out. Do whatcha go to do, the rest of us are moving forward with or without you to try and create a resolution that will better our valley for everyone.

booboo
Feb 17 : 11:10am
Dinner at BBNona's house.

FF Mac
Feb 17 : 11:06am
Benny,

I get that, but people coming up here and that live DTH need to see these conversations so they know what go’s on up here from a local’s perspective so they know what creates issues. I see it as an educational tool. I’ve been using this site since 2007 and I use it because I know I can have those conversations with other locals in an easy and quick way. Navigating deep into the website to post something that 10% of people go see is pointless in my humble opinion, but whatever man.....will do.

***SCM ALERT***
Feb 17 : 11:05am
TYPE: FLOODING AREA: VALLEY OF ENCHANTMENT 4XX DAVIDSON LN - VOE X TETLEY DR/FOREST DR UNITS: ME25
More Info: Click Here
Live Scanner: Click Here

booboo
Feb 17 : 10:59am
Quiet,slow day in Crestline.Main streets low traffic and look good on the cams.Sky getting grey,sun in and out.Very quiet holiday weekend.

BootsNBridles
Feb 17 : 10:56am
So sorry. I asked an honest question. I have seen all kinds of lengthy convo's on here so I wasn't sure why some were ok and some weren't. I'd never seen anyone told to move their convo elsewhere until this weekend. There aren't any rules posted so the only way to find out is to ask questions. Didn't mean to upset anyone. No more questions!

lupin
Feb 17 : 10:55am
Thanks for that info Benny. Ice dams urgg.

Benny (N6BWX)
Feb 17 : 10:55am
Good chance Vegas will see snow again tonight.

(C)2002-2018 Socalmountains.com
All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy Terms of Service
Contact Us

{THEMEDISCLAIMER}