Current Weather @ 8:41 PM Clear skies Temp 46.5º Humidity 55% Winds NW 12.0mph Max Gust 23.0mph
Todays Extremes High 60.8º Low 33.9º Rain 0.00" Rain Rate 0.000" per hr Snow 0.00" Season 0"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)
None at this time
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
ROADS AND TRAFFIC
Updated: 08:30 PM v2.1
Big Bear to Highland (330): 42 mins  
Highland to Big Bear (330): 41 mins  
Big Bear to Redlands  (38): 64 mins  
Redlands to Big Bear  (38): 63 mins  
Big Bear to Lucerne    (18): 34 mins  
Lucerne to Big Bear    (18): 34 mins  
=Light  =Moderate  =Heavy Traffic
Road Conditions Page: Click Here
Guests: 450, Members: 9 ...
Insider
indysmom
Dave™
Quakes🦊
Craig ⭐
Airport Razz
Deb Doodah⭐

most ever online: 1740
(Members: 37, Guests: 1703) on Feb 22 : 08:23am

Members: 5636
Newest member: Fawn
SUPPORT SCM!
Support SCM by making a single or recurring donation.

Member's Birthdays:
Happy Birthday to:

Birthday Cake
AnimalResQ

Upcoming Birthdays:
Oct 18 Wilderness
Oct 18 David (KJ6PYV)
Oct 18 MYST
Oct 20 Deb Doodah⭐
Oct 20 SDBeachGyrl
Oct 21 1happygranny
Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: NEWS
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

EAGLES JACKIE & SHADOW ~ LAY EGG(S)? 2019

Go to page   <<        >>  
Author Post
BootsNBridles
Sun Mar 10 2019, 08:45AM

Registered Member #2093
:
Would Shadow be counted as a subadult and Mr. B as an adult? Has anyone verified seeing Stormy?
Lumber Jill ⭐
Sun Mar 10 2019, 08:54AM

R

:
Since none of the birds are seen during the eagle count as clearly as they are in the live webcam, chances are both Shadow and Mr. B would be considered adults (hard to see with your eye the bits of dark on Shadows tail as he flies around) I saw a report of Stormie being seen (tags seen) a couple of weeks ago closer to the airport

What doesn't kill me does NOT make me stronger. It makes me anxious, bitchy, and vulnerable...but nobody wants to see that embroidered on a pillow...Lisa Kogan...thx LXL...sorry i stole it from you! Ok, maybe I'm not sorry :-P

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow...Larry the Cable Guy
Lumber Jill ⭐
Sun Mar 10 2019, 09:53AM

R

:
Some thoughts from Friends of Big Bear Valley and Big Bear Eagle Nest Cam Facebook page:

"A few glitches with the live stream this morning and it took a while for the clock to get updated to daylight savings time. But, things are looking great now. Jackie just brought in a big load of grassy insulating material for the nest. A lot of comments have been made throughout this nesting effort about the lack of grassy material. The same thing happened last year - they didn't start bringing in the fluffy stuff until after Egg #2 had been laid. By keeping the first egg cooler until the second one is laid helps ensure that the chicks will hatch closer together and be closer in size. That reduces the chances of one chick killing another. Now that they've got two eggs, full incubation will start. Last year's eggs were laid 3 days apart and hatched 38 days after the first egg was laid (35 days after Egg #2). This year, 35 days from Egg #1 is April 10; 35 days from Egg #2 is April 13th. So, we're targeting April 13th for Hatch Day!"

What doesn't kill me does NOT make me stronger. It makes me anxious, bitchy, and vulnerable...but nobody wants to see that embroidered on a pillow...Lisa Kogan...thx LXL...sorry i stole it from you! Ok, maybe I'm not sorry :-P

Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow...Larry the Cable Guy
Benny ⭐
Sun Mar 10 2019, 04:46PM

:
Nature's so cool! And here, everyone's freaking out cause the egg was left another, they know what they're doing!

Never tell another mom how to raise her kids!

Lumber Jill ⭐ wrote ...

Some thoughts from Friends of Big Bear Valley and Big Bear Eagle Nest Cam Facebook page:

"A few glitches with the live stream this morning and it took a while for the clock to get updated to daylight savings time. But, things are looking great now. Jackie just brought in a big load of grassy insulating material for the nest. A lot of comments have been made throughout this nesting effort about the lack of grassy material. The same thing happened last year - they didn't start bringing in the fluffy stuff until after Egg #2 had been laid. By keeping the first egg cooler until the second one is laid helps ensure that the chicks will hatch closer together and be closer in size. That reduces the chances of one chick killing another. Now that they've got two eggs, full incubation will start. Last year's eggs were laid 3 days apart and hatched 38 days after the first egg was laid (35 days after Egg #2). This year, 35 days from Egg #1 is April 10; 35 days from Egg #2 is April 13th. So, we're targeting April 13th for Hatch Day!"

ON TWITTER! OR FOR LOCAL WEATHER [Click Here]
Website
Lumber Jill ⭐
Sun Mar 10 2019, 07:24PM

R

:
I'd like to tell Shadow to stop stepping on the egg, though!

Benny ⭐
Mon Mar 11 2019, 09:31AM

:
Keeping the link to the feed on current page.

ON TWITTER! OR FOR LOCAL WEATHER [Click Here]
Website
Fawnskindawn
Mon Mar 11 2019, 01:12PM
Registered Member #12790
:
They are on the nest together

Renee

Lumber Jill ⭐
Mon Mar 11 2019, 09:24PM

R

:
Jackie's in for a long night with a foot of snow possible.

Lumber Jill ⭐
Tue Mar 12 2019, 07:07AM

R

:
5 am. She woke throughout the night to shake off the foot of snow we got. Notice that the snow does not melt on her (she is not wet) because of how insulating her feathers are,

Lumber Jill ⭐
Tue Mar 12 2019, 07:12AM

R

:
Even more impressive picture from Friends of Big Bear Valley and Big Bear Eagle Nest Cam Facebook page

Go to page   <<        >>  

Moderators: Craig ⭐, ©ammy ⭐, Lumber Jill ⭐, Mtngoat John⭐, firephoto84, Deb Doodah⭐, SCM ALERT🚨, Benny ⭐, Socalmountains Admin, ⚡WX ALERT⚡

Jump:     Back to top