Current Weather @ 11:59 AM Clear skies Temp 50.1º Humidity 42% Winds N 2.0mph Max Gust 9.2mph
Todays Extremes High 50.2º Low 24.1º Rain 0.00" Rain Rate 0.000" per hr Snow 0.00" Season 48"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)
None at this time
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
ROADS AND TRAFFIC
Updated: 12:00 PM v2.1
Run Spr to Highland  (330): 20 mins  
Highland to Run Spr  (330): 21 mins  
Big Bear to Run Spr    (18): 22 mins  
Run Spr to Big Bear    (18): 21 mins  
Big Bear to Redlands  (38): 65 mins  
Redlands to Big Bear  (38): 67 mins  
Big Bear to Lucerne    (18): 34 mins  
Lucerne to Big Bear    (18): 35 mins  
=Light  =Moderate  =Heavy Traffic
Road Conditions Page: Click Here
Guests: 333, Members: 7 ...
MrOwl
Dave™
Deb Doodah⭐
Tlingit
ButlerPeakFire
Polar Orbit
kittygirl

most ever online: 1871
(Members: 29, Guests: 1842) on Nov 30 : 08:15am

Members: 5954
Newest member: Mooszoo
SUPPORT SCM!
Support SCM by making a single or recurring donation.

Member's Birthdays:
Happy Birthday to:

Birthday Cake
MyCon

Upcoming Birthdays:
Jan 24 grizzly
Jan 24 Gunny1954
Jan 28 Flylow
Jan 28 GreatWhiteNorth
Jan 28 Tracy BBC
Jan 29 Van
Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: FIRE DISCUSSION
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

AlertWildFire Cameras Come To Big Bear

Go to page       >>  
Author Post
©ammy ⭐
Fri Sep 20 2019, 11:39AM Email Thread Print View

:
AlertWildfire.org and Big Bear Mountain Resorts have partnered to bring several fire cameras to the Big Bear area. These cameras act like virtual fire lookouts in that they're located on high places with great views of the surrounding area. The cameras can be panned, tilted and zoomed to locations to look for smoke from fires. The first Big Bear camera went live this morning: [Click Here]
It's the very first camera in the thumbnail view of cameras: Bear Peak South.

For those not familiar with AlertWildfire cameras, if you click on the image above the words "Bear Peak South", that will bring that camera view up in the large image at the top left of the page. If you right click on that large image, you can view a time lapse from that camera. On the upper right side of the page, you'll see a map view with a shaded triangle showing the area where the camera is looking at the moment. This camera is located on Bear Peak (for the skiers/snowboarders, it's the top of Geronimo). Over the coming weeks, we'll be installing many more cameras at both Bear Mountain and Snow Summit.
Polar Orbit
Fri Sep 20 2019, 02:16PM
Registered Member #14051
:
Can the robot put that link up on the main menu?

Don't blame me! I was left unsupervised!

You can divide the world into two kinds of people: Those who divide the world into two kinds of people and those who don't!
Juliann
Sat Sep 21 2019, 10:46AM

Registered Member #97
:
©ammy ⭐ wrote ...

AlertWildfire.org and Big Bear Mountain Resorts have partnered to bring several fire cameras to the Big Bear area. These cameras act like virtual fire lookouts in that they're located on high places with great views of the surrounding area. The cameras can be panned, tilted and zoomed to locations to look for smoke from fires. The first Big Bear camera went live this morning: [Click Here]
It's the very first camera in the thumbnail view of cameras: Bear Peak South.

For those not familiar with AlertWildfire cameras, if you click on the image above the words "Bear Peak South", that will bring that camera view up in the large image at the top left of the page. If you right click on that large image, you can view a time lapse from that camera. On the upper right side of the page, you'll see a map view with a shaded triangle showing the area where the camera is looking at the moment. This camera is located on Bear Peak (for the skiers/snowboarders, it's the top of Geronimo). Over the coming weeks, we'll be installing many more cameras at both Bear Mountain and Snow Summit.

Thanks for this information, Cammy!
©ammy ⭐
Fri Oct 04 2019, 02:59PM

:
3 more cameras were just added to the page! [Click Here]
The camera named Bear Peak South2 rotates every few seconds to provide a 360 degree view from the top of Bear Peak/Geronimo and is located right next to the other AlertWildfire camera we installed up there a few weeks back.
The Bear Peak North camera is also at the top of Bear Peak/Geronimo and looks over the Big Bear Valley from about the dam to Sugarloaf Mountain.
The Bear Mtn South camera is located right next to Ben's San Gorgonio Wilderness cam: [Click Here]

Next up on the install list are some cameras over at Snow Summit!
Polar Orbit
Fri Oct 04 2019, 06:58PM
Registered Member #14051
:
Great, and some really nice sunset shots right now, about 7 PM.

Don't blame me! I was left unsupervised!

You can divide the world into two kinds of people: Those who divide the world into two kinds of people and those who don't!
BBNona
Mon Oct 07 2019, 06:31PM

bbnona
Registered Member #11202
:
This is so cool! Thx @cammy

Ss

©ammy ⭐
Wed Oct 23 2019, 08:55PM

:
The Snow Summit South camera came online today! [Click Here] This camera looks over the western portion of the San Gorgonio Wilderness and Angelus Oaks. It can also zoom down to portions of the Inland Empire.
©ammy ⭐
Thu Oct 24 2019, 05:50PM

:
Here are some pictures I grabbed from the BBMR/AlertWildfire cameras, showing just one view from each camera:

Bear Peak South

Bear Peak North

Bear Mtn South

Snow Summit South
Dave™
Thu Oct 24 2019, 08:50PM

It's been 50 years and counting...
Registered Member #30
:
Those should be quite useful even though I hope they won't be needed...

"A sad day is seeing Big Bear in your rear view mirror" - @llen

" A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking real money" -attributed to Everett Dirksen

"If God wanted us to vote, He should have provided candidates." - The Kingston Trio
Benny ⭐
Thu Oct 31 2019, 03:50PM

:
Just a follow up as I posted in chat.... We've now installed 6 new HD cameras so far with at least 2 more coming.

This will saturate the Big Bear Valley pretty well. We'll work with the USFS and now be able to pinpoint the location of a fire immediately making for a quicker response! Good stuff!

Stay tuned for more!

ON TWITTER! OR FOR LOCAL WEATHER [Click Here]
Website
Go to page       >>  

Moderators: Craig ⭐, ©ammy ⭐, Lumber Jill ⭐, Mtngoat John⭐, Deb Doodah⭐, SCM ALERT🚨, Benny ⭐, Socalmountains Admin, ⚡WX ALERT⚡

Jump:     Back to top