Current Weather @ 03:21 AM Clear skies Temp 41.1º Humidity 53% Winds ESE 0.0mph Max Gust 3.5mph
Todays Extremes High 43.7º Low 41.1º Rain 0.00" Rain Rate 0.000" per hr Snow 0.00" Season 93"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)
None at this time
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
ROADS AND TRAFFIC
Updated: 03:00 AM v2.5
Run Spr to Highland  (330): 21 mins  
Highland to Run Spr  (330): 21 mins  
Big Bear to Run Spr    (18): 22 mins  
Run Spr to Big Bear    (18): 20 mins  
Big Bear to Redlands  (38): CLOSED   
Redlands to Big Bear  (38): CLOSED   
Big Bear to Lucerne    (18): 33 mins  
Lucerne to Big Bear    (18): 34 mins  
=Light  =Moderate  =Heavy Traffic
Road Conditions Page: Click Here
Guests: 328, Members: 0 ...

most ever online: 2417
(Members: 45, Guests: 2372) on Jul 03 : 04:58pm

Members: 6799
Newest member: Brother
SUPPORT SCM!
Support SCM by making a single or recurring donation.

Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: GENERAL DISCUSSION
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

virus pandemonia

Go to page   <<        >>  
Author Post
Jellylorum
Wed Aug 05 2020, 11:13AM

Registered Member #2069
:
SQUATCH wrote ...

Airport Razz wrote ...

So what diseases are you reffering to Squatch. Last time I checked I am not in fear of catching Cancer, Pneumonia, HIV or such from just being in a gathering of people unknowingly with the disease. Apples/Oranges once again.

Apples and oranges? Ok Razz, I`ll be more specific! How about swine flu, bird flu, SARS, ebola, TB, west nile, mumps, chicken pocks, polio, meningitis, common flu, pneumonia, measles, c difficile, and many other transmittable diseases that can be fatal to some people. Why aren`t you afraid and speaking out about those?

Simple, you have bought into the Ebola HYPE!

There are many MITIGATION methods for the diseases mentioned (and a few others):

Vaccination: flu, measles, mumps, polio, meningitis (one form), whooping cough, chicken pox.

Vector control of rodents: hantavirus, typhus, plague (yes, it is endemic in California)

Vector control of insects: West Nile Virus, Zika, Lyme

Isolation during outbreaks. Regions and/or individuals: Ebola, SARS, flu

Mask wearing: flu, SARS

Attention to cleanliness: MRSA, lice, ringworm, c diff, flu.

Screening if symptomatic or high risk of catching/spreading: TB and just about everything else

Persons following treatment correctly reduce their contagion to others: TB, c diff, ringworm, MRSA, shingles, strep

Proper limited use of antibiotics (do not use unless necessary): c diff

These all lead me to think that MITIGATION methods might help reduce the spread of Covid.

Nearly all of these diseases are most contagious AFTER symptoms occur, and symptoms tend to be fairly obvious. With Covid, contagion can be possible before symptoms appear; symptoms can also be nebulous. (Is it allergies? Did I eat something that disagrees with me? Did I use too much bleach while cleaning and kill my sense of smell? Did I not sleep enough or have jet lag?)

Nearly all of these diseases are hardest on people with additional underlying conditions. Those with underlying conditions are a substantial number of people; those that live with or assist those with such conditions need to be careful also. The total number of people that need to take extra care is around 40% of the entire population.

The remaining 60% could also help, by providing assistance to the 40%. Will you shop for them? Run errands for them?

Or do MITIGATION: things as simple as helping cut down on spread by wearing a mask, washing your hands, staying home if you feel ill/odd (sucks to have allergies, or a sleeping disorder, or diabetes, or IBD, or ...) so the at-risk people can occasionally leave the house and do those things for themselves?
Jellylorum
Wed Aug 05 2020, 11:55AM

Registered Member #2069
:
Stay home, isolate if you are high risk? Not always possible given our current medical care insurance system.

Who are these persons?
May not qualify for Covered California subsidies. (Or even with subsidies, can't afford the high coverage policy best for those with pre-existing conditions. Or the huge co-payments for the lesser policies.)
May not qualify for MediCal.
May not qualify for MediCare at 65. (Some jobs do not pay in.)

Therefore, the only option left is employer-provided health coverage. OR working enough that the high-dollar Covered California costs can be managed.

Of course, there are those who must work to afford basic necessities, let alone health insurance.

Those who MUST work appreciate the help of the public at large in helping us stay healthy, by following mitigation measures.
Nature
Wed Aug 05 2020, 11:48PM

Registered Member #611
:
I have been inoculated against TB and every other thing one needs, even going to Asia and or Europe. I take flu shots yearly. There are pneumonia inoculations. Covid will get one too, next year. Until then, consideration and intellect governs mask wearing. Believing it doesn’t help is based on selfish political propaganda. It has no business in a pandemic.
MtMan
Thu Aug 06 2020, 01:45PM

Registered Member #110
:

If this offends you, skip it and move on.

Shut Up and Fish!
ButlerPeakFire
Thu Aug 06 2020, 02:03PM

Lake Arrowhead
Registered Member #13200
:
Facts > Feelings

Cornbread
Fri Aug 07 2020, 10:15AM

cornbread
Registered Member #106
:
Does everyone realize that it's the governors from each state that are responsible for how the virus is handled in their state? Here in Idaho we are still in stage 4. We have a state mandate to wear masks but the sheriff's office said they won't enforce it. We don't have anywhere near the percentage of coronavirus cases as CA or NY.
Cornbread
Fri Aug 07 2020, 01:10PM

cornbread
Registered Member #106
:
Some funnies

rdoctor
Sat Aug 08 2020, 09:31AM
Registered Member #51776
:
It's a human right and a constitutional right NOT to wear a mask. Do not tread on us.
Rumor Mill
Sat Aug 08 2020, 10:21AM

Registered Member #191
:
8/8/2020 Fun Run Weekend
Cases test PPR
BBC- 29 602 4.8%
BBL-40 476 8.4%
Faw- 0 0 -
Sug-8 153 5.2%

Valley- 77 1231 6%
County 17,495 264,802 13.2%

Testing of the valleys population performed
.06%

Millennia’s sorry to tell you that there is no Santa Clause, no Easter Bunny, No Tooth Fairy, Have a great day
Rumor Mill
Sat Aug 08 2020, 10:28AM

Registered Member #191
:

Millennia’s sorry to tell you that there is no Santa Clause, no Easter Bunny, No Tooth Fairy, Have a great day
Go to page   <<        >>  

Moderators: Craig ⭐, ©ammy ⭐, Lumber Jill ⭐, Mtngoat John⭐, Deb Doodah⭐, SCM ALERT🚨, Benny ⭐, Socalmountains Admin, ⚡WX ALERT⚡

Jump:     Back to top