Current Weather @ 09:50 AM Clear skies Temp 71.6º Humidity 28% Winds NNE 1.0mph Max Gust 9.2mph
Todays Extremes High 71.6º Low 40.9º Rain 0.00" Rain Rate 0.000" per hr Snow 0.00" Season 93"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)
None at this time
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
ROADS AND TRAFFIC
Updated: 09:30 AM v2.5
Run Spr to Highland  (330): 21 mins  
Highland to Run Spr  (330): 22 mins  
Big Bear to Run Spr    (18): 21 mins  
Run Spr to Big Bear    (18): 21 mins  
Big Bear to Redlands  (38): CLOSED   
Redlands to Big Bear  (38): CLOSED   
Big Bear to Lucerne    (18): 33 mins  
Lucerne to Big Bear    (18): 38 mins  
=Light  =Moderate  =Heavy Traffic
Road Conditions Page: Click Here
Guests: 731, Members: 24 ...
ricktrap
Van
spacemanspiff
Ed Eshleman
Dave™
LoveTheView
abitsquirrely
Spiceguy
Des2Mtn
Hank
Polar 🌌rbit
Ken E
AOaks
7-Oaks Man
Jilda
Rumor Mill
RH_Runner
Denny59
blondnwitty
onur6boss
WoolyBear
rebug
ZHgolfer1
Doug M

most ever online: 2417
(Members: 45, Guests: 2372) on Jul 03 : 04:58pm

Members: 6770
Newest member: CraftyRobin1
SUPPORT SCM!
Support SCM by making a single or recurring donation.

Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: GENERAL DISCUSSION
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

virus pandemonia

Go to page   <<        >>  
Author Post
AudioGuy
Mon Sep 14 2020, 09:48AM
Registered Member #156367
:
Nature wrote ...

This thread isn’t for political commenting. I get how hard that is because the issue has become so political to some but to most of us the virus is just that, a virus that can strike and can kill and we haven’t gotten a clear picture of the long term effects but know they aren’t pleasant by any means. We could agree with those who want to pretend it isn’t real or dangerous. We could let all of you do what you want and then only you will learn the hard way because you never listen to the ones who come on here telling about their non-believing relatives who are now dead from it.
Maybe you think they switched sides instead. They didn’t, they are trying to get through your block heads.
Go ahead catch it.
Let us know how that is so you can get in line with those who are ignored from that point on too.
No I don’t want anyone to get the virus.
You just need some kind of wake up call.
Only you will know what that takes snd only when it happens. Stay safe. Dumb Donkeys.

My nose is a little drippy this morning. Should I be concerned? Should I call 911 and get an ambulance ride to the hospital? What do you think I should do?
Because in all honesty, I am tempted to just go get a tissue and blow my nose.
But maybe I should be doing much, much more than that. Like getting tested for covid and getting in line for a vaccine, right? And maybe self-quarantining in my house and hoping some good samaritan drops some food off at my door. Right?
Dumb Donkeys.

Always looking for microphones, vacuum tubes, music production and recording equipment, old broadcasting equipment, electronic test equipment, large vintage speakers, vintage stereo/audio equipment, and stuff like that...
Deb Doodah⭐
Mon Sep 14 2020, 09:55AM

:
After all this time have you guys not figured out that people have very different opinions on COVID? You are not going to magically sway someone to your way of thinking! However, that does not mean that you need to belittle another persons opinion on this subject. Things are pretty crappy all over the place right now due to lots of different events and it is understandable that people would like to get snippy with others just to feel better. This is not the place to do that.

If you have a comment that is not helpful and is full of spit and vinegar - then table it for another time! .
Skier
Mon Sep 14 2020, 09:59AM

Registered Member #2863
:
CONTENT REMOVED DUE TO POLITICAL CONTENT!
mountainart
Mon Sep 14 2020, 10:18AM

Registered Member #42113
:
CONTENT REMOVED DUE TO POLITICAL CONTENT!
wisteria1
Mon Sep 14 2020, 07:53PM
Registered Member #13362
:
I think about this heartbreaking article a lot when I read this thread.
Texas
By ABC News
July 10, 2020
9:36 pm
‘I think I made a mistake’: 30-year-old Texan dies at hospital after attending Covid-19 ‘hoax’ party
Methodist Hospital in San Antonio

SAN ANTONIO, Texas – A doctor from Methodist Hospital in San Antonio said a young man died after attending a Covid-19 party, according to ABC affiliate KSAT.

“One of the things that was heart wrenching that he said to his nurse was, you know, I think I made a mistake. And this young man went to a Covid party,” said Dr. Jane Appleby, Chief Medical Officer at Methodist Hospital.

Appleby said the man who died was 30 years old.

“He didn’t really believe. He thought the disease was a hoax. He thought he was young and he was invincible and wouldn’t get affected by the disease,” Dr. Appleby said.
Nature
Wed Sep 16 2020, 04:56PM

Registered Member #611
:
It doesn’t make any difference Wist. It may never make any difference what happens or what those who choose to believe this is a hoax or no big deal st all, regardless of who tells them otherwise, or what distinct explanations are given, or even their own family or friends getting it. Won’t make any difference that all we ask is for everyone just to be considerate of others. We don’t know who has it or who is most vulnerable. Words, statistics, testimonials, science, is all considered sheer manipulations. The whole world would have to be under this manipulated situation.
You can’t talk to people like that. Stay safe.
SQUATCH
Wed Sep 16 2020, 06:33PM

Registered Member #13843
:
Nature wrote ...

It doesn’t make any difference Wist. It may never make any difference what happens or what those who choose to believe this is a hoax or no big deal st all, regardless of who tells them otherwise, or what distinct explanations are given, or even their own family or friends getting it. Won’t make any difference that all we ask is for everyone just to be considerate of others. We don’t know who has it or who is most vulnerable. Words, statistics, testimonials, science, is all considered sheer manipulations. The whole world would have to be under this manipulated situation.
You can’t talk to people like that. Stay safe.

I think it`s time to call it game over... "the hype" has run it`s course, heck even Skyline doesn`t bother to post his "daily numbers" any more! Any further hype is just those who feel they have something to gain by it!
MtMan
Wed Sep 16 2020, 07:46PM

Registered Member #110
:

Shut Up and Fish!
Rumor Mill
Thu Sep 17 2020, 07:00AM

Registered Member #191
:
Total Deaths County

bbc 38
bbl 52
fwn 2
su g 12
Valley 104
Recovered (Projected) 93.7

Millennia’s sorry to tell you that there is no Santa Clause, no Easter Bunny, No Tooth Fairy, Have a great day
mountainart
Thu Sep 17 2020, 09:25AM

Registered Member #42113
:
Skyline Drive wrote ...

Total Deaths County

bbc 38
bbl 52
fwn 2
su g 12
Valley 104
Recovered (Projected) 93.7

Of the number of confirmed antibody tests"cases" listed in the breakdowns, the only info I can find, and by calling the BBL hospital, there are no hospitalizations., and they thought 1 death(already hospitalized with a co morbidity, cancer. Does anyone have any resources to actually see how many of the valley people with positive results actually had to be hospitalized and died, because as far as I can find, it was just that one elderly person.

It looks like living at altitude with the accompanying 23% @ 7000 ft increase in red blood cells acts like a prophylactic to the virus replication.... Am finding different studies consensus about possibly being related to the slight difference in higher alkalinity levels being incompatible with replication, and degrading of the fatty Corona protuberance which act like the "velcro" which attaches to openings in cell walls.
Go to page   <<        >>  

Moderators: Craig ⭐, ©ammy ⭐, Lumber Jill ⭐, Mtngoat John⭐, Deb Doodah⭐, SCM ALERT🚨, Benny ⭐, Socalmountains Admin, ⚡WX ALERT⚡

Jump:     Back to top