Current Weather @ 3:51 PM Clear skies Temp 70.2º Humidity 12% Winds WNW 7.0mph Max Gust 17.3mph
Todays Extremes High 71.5º Low 32.2º Rain 0.00" Rain Rate 0.000" per hr Snow 0.00" Season 93"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)

(Click alert for more info)
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
ROADS AND TRAFFIC
Updated: 03:30 PM v2.5
Run Spr to Highland  (330): 21 mins  
Highland to Run Spr  (330): 22 mins  
Big Bear to Run Spr    (18): 21 mins  
Run Spr to Big Bear    (18): 21 mins  
Big Bear to Redlands  (38): 65 mins  
Redlands to Big Bear  (38): 67 mins  
Big Bear to Lucerne    (18): 35 mins  
Lucerne to Big Bear    (18): 35 mins  
=Light  =Moderate  =Heavy Traffic
Road Conditions Page: Click Here
Guests: 359, Members: 8 ...
Tlingit
WoolyBear
Socalman
PlanetExpress
Van
Airport Razz
Von Zipper
holeinbow

most ever online: 2417
(Members: 45, Guests: 2372) on Jul 03 : 04:58pm

Members: 6831
Newest member: Mr.MooPie13
SUPPORT SCM!
Support SCM by making a single or recurring donation.

Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: GENERAL DISCUSSION
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

virus pandemonia

Go to page   <<        >>  
Author Post
Not Kidding
Sat Oct 17 2020, 05:59PM

Registered Member #159755
:
cricket wrote ...

Since June 18th, any person goingout in public, in the state of California (which INCLUDES San Bernardino County), MUST wear a face covering.

You can believe what you want to believe. I am sorry you are unable to do any other kind of work. People should not be forced to die because of your lack of being able to do so.

Cricket, do you not recognize the difference in having a job and having a business?!!! Businesses create jobs, jobs only exist because of businesses or sadly government. Yes, a job can pay some bills and if fortunate support a family, but a business enables other businesses, that then create jobs - your shortsightedness and lack of understanding of what makes an economy is troubling to say the least!! This is the difference between being self sufficient and being a slave to the powers that be, let's hope that your way of thinking doesn't ever win out!!

You can't make this stuff up
Billyjean
Sat Oct 17 2020, 06:11PM
Registered Member #13171
:
cricket wrote ...

Since June 18th, any person goingout in public, in the state of California (which INCLUDES San Bernardino County), MUST wear a face covering.

You can believe what you want to believe. I am sorry you are unable to do any other kind of work. People should not be forced to die because of your lack of being able to do so.

Actually, that's not entirely correct, you must only wear a mask when social distancing is not possible, and some counties have rescinded mask requirements altogether, only "Strongly Recommending" them.

Exact verbiage from the state of CA " Californians must wear face coverings when in public spaces, especially indoors and other areas where physical distancing is not possible."

So if you're outside exercising or walking your dog in your neighborhood, it is not required. Of course, if you're exercising it's advised you don't wear a mask, but just do what everyou think is right! If you're wearing a mask you're covered, literally.

Billy Jean is at your door.
AudioGuy
Sat Oct 17 2020, 06:38PM
Registered Member #156367
:
Billyjean wrote ...

If you're wearing a mask you're covered, literally.

Well that's another thing. Why the fear, if you think a mask works for you? Maybe mask-wearers should just double-up their masks... but again, that's their choice and I have mine.

I also am quite willing to fight for my choices.

Always looking for microphones, vacuum tubes, music production and recording equipment, old broadcasting equipment, electronic test equipment, large vintage speakers, vintage stereo/audio equipment, and stuff like that...
Billyjean
Sat Oct 17 2020, 08:01PM
Registered Member #13171
:
AudioGuy wrote ...

Billyjean wrote ...

If you're wearing a mask you're covered, literally.

Well that's another thing. Why the fear, if you think a mask works for you? Maybe mask-wearers should just double-up their masks... but again, that's their choice and I have mine.

I also am quite willing to fight for my choices.

You mis-interpreted, the point was, if you want to wear a mask, wear a mask. If people think it's going to save them from getting sick then do it, not everyone has to, but if you're 'covered', that's all that should matter to you. If they're around other people without masks, they don't have to worry if they have their mask on. If someone thinks that's all it takes to slow or stop this flu, then more power to ya. It's more or less just another version of the coronavirus we'll have to live with indefinitely, so at some point it's time to move on.

I've had many loved one's die in the past from falling ill and it progressing to pneumonia, this is really nothing new. If the media/social media didn't send panick into the world, we'd be none the wiser. It would be chaulked up another a bad flu season.

Billy Jean is at your door.
AudioGuy
Sat Oct 17 2020, 09:01PM
Registered Member #156367
:
I agree fully, BillyJean. Illness is a fact of life. I don't think I misinterpreted... I just worded it with a generic "you" that was easily misinterpreted in its own way.

The media hype seems partially driven by the agendas of individuals and of companies (pharma companies, tech guys who want something like ID2020 and the tech aspects attatched to vaccines, and even by those who seek to ratchet humanity down Agenda21-style). Also partially by the fact that mainstream news media has always enjoyed sensationalism which tends to generate readership.

I'm for moving on and not letting all things covid to rule my life, and I'm taking steps to do so. If others do not wish to move on, they should also be able to make that choice as well.

Always looking for microphones, vacuum tubes, music production and recording equipment, old broadcasting equipment, electronic test equipment, large vintage speakers, vintage stereo/audio equipment, and stuff like that...
cricket
Sat Oct 17 2020, 09:14PM

Registered Member #39
:
Billyjean wrote ...

cricket wrote ...

Actually, that's not entirely correct, you must only wear a mask when social distancing is not possible, and some counties have rescinded mask requirements altogether, only "Strongly Recommending" them.

Exact verbiage from the state of CA " Californians must wear face coverings when in public spaces, especially indoors and other areas where physical distancing is not possible."

So if you're outside exercising or walking your dog in your neighborhood, it is not required. Of course, if you're exercising it's advised you don't wear a mask, but just do what everyou think is right! If you're wearing a mask you're covered, literally.

Here is the link to the mandate in its entirity as communicated by the California Department of Public Health. If you can maintain social distancing while hiking, then go for it without a mask. Obviously, you should have one on you in case the trail becomes bottlenecked, or if you are walking you dog and come upon a crowd of vacation renters in the road, playing in the snow, while in Big Bear.

[Click Here]

Summer will be here soon!
cricket
Sat Oct 17 2020, 09:19PM

Registered Member #39
:
Not Kidding wrote ...

cricket wrote ...

Cricket, do you not recognize the difference in having a job and having a business?!!! Businesses create jobs, jobs only exist because of businesses or sadly government. Yes, a job can pay some bills and if fortunate support a family, but a business enables other businesses, that then create jobs - your shortsightedness and lack of understanding of what makes an economy is troubling to say the least!! This is the difference between being self sufficient and being a slave to the powers that be, let's hope that your way of thinking doesn't ever win out!!

Why behave in such an insulting way? The point is, if you are losing everything, or if you are unable to purchase groceries, then I think it is prudent to take a job at McDonald's or wherever you can for the time being. Would I suggest you market yourself for a career in fast food for the long haul? Probably not, however, never under estimate the power of utilizing a different plan if you absolutly have to. I do not think any of us are "too good" to take an out of the ordinary job to make sure our family eats. All I can say is Wow!

Summer will be here soon!
mountainart
Sun Oct 18 2020, 02:45AM

Registered Member #42113
:
cricket wrote ...

Not Kidding wrote ...

cricket wrote ...

Why behave in such an insulting way? The point is, if you are losing everything, or if you are unable to purchase groceries, then I think it is prudent to take a job at McDonald's or wherever you can for the time being. Would I suggest you market yourself for a career in fast food for the long haul? Probably not, however, never under estimate the power of utilizing a different plan if you absolutly have to. I do not think any of us are "too good" to take an out of the ordinary job to make sure our family eats. All I can say is Wow!

Can you take your school age children with you to McDonalds to do remote school while you work? Or are you just ok with leaving young children home alone for 9 hours straight? CPS takes kids away from parents for such as this. Plus, you would have to be a horrible parent, willing to endanger kids by leaving them home to their own devices, when they barely have learned to feed themselves, or do any self responsibility actions for their brains have matured to the point of being safe to leave home alone.

Once again, your narrow scope of worldview has no concept of people who, through direct Govt malfeasance, have put people in an untenable position.

You fail to bring any facts as to how attempting to eliminate all infections, will help prevent those from dying, when GOVT, AND NEWSOME'S OWN WORDS admit that eventually EVERYBODY will be eventually exposed to the virus. So they use that UNDISPUTED, ACCEPTED FACT as the rational for sequestration, in order to slow down the infection rates, so that those who do contract a case where they have to be assisted to pull through, via hospitalization, won't have to be turned away by hospitals with no room.

UNDISPUTED FACT of hospitals in California actually being at unusually lower capacity, with plenty of beds, and specialty lifesaving covid treatments. UNDISPUTED FACT that slowing down the curve is their stated goal. ON RECORD STATEMENTS BY GOVT tha they acknowledge that eventually MOST EVERYONE will eventually be infected, and herd immunity will have to be achieved to eventually make this virus no longer a threat to anyone still living.

You state that those of us trying to actually stay alive and able to keep families fed are going to "Kill many of us" by exposing us. Yet, all experts uniformly say that virtually entire population will eventually be exposed, and herd immunity will eventually kill covid threat once approx 60 percent of population gets it. So your assertion that getting to herd immunity is what is needed, with measures in place to flatten the curve. NOT ATTEMPT TO COMPLETELY KEEP EVERYONE IN ARTIFICIAL ISOLATION FOREVER. Eventually, everyone will be exposed. The hospitals now have open beds to assist recovery and curing. So, my opinion is different from yours, and based on the idea of the quicker herd immunity is achieved, the quicker this goes away. Since all will eventually get it, as soon as they finally leave even the most stringent of isolation, it is a deliberate lie to keep accusing others f putting you at risk, for something that you at best, will be only delaying, meantime inflicting actual real measurable extraordinary harm to millions of California families. The survival rate is practically 100 percent in people who are not 80 years old, or obese/co-morbidity issues. Are you in one of those high risk groups? If so, I can see where you are scared, but knowing that you are going to eventually get it sooner or later, as the virus keeps circling the globe season after season, until herd immunity puts covid to rest, why would you not want to get it over with as soon as possible while you are several years younger than you will be when/if you successfully manage to avoid contracting it for several years?

Please refute with your facts that you have latched onto that refute what I wrote, and I will happily change my mind.

It is just that I get offended at the thought that people seem to think it s ok to needlessly drag out the cycle that humanity needs to go through in order to make covid no longer a threat, especially that now, looking at counties figures, collated from sept show the only direct covid deaths were in extreme end of life span folk, or comorbid folks to the tune of Less deaths than people last year died of flu related morbidity.

I just looked at the San Bernardino County Covid portal and see the breakdowns. Total number of cases resulting in hospitalization or death have dropped month to month since August. Total number of psitivecovid test results are 53,359 since Feb. number of deaths in age group 0 to 50 years of age is 918. Of those deaths, only 40 were outliers of healthy people dyijg. Even adding in total deaths, that is a mortality rate of 0.019 percent. CDC figures of annual influenza deaths in age group 0 to 50 is 0.064. FIVE TIMES HIGHER THAN CORONA. for this age group. SB County figures show mortality rates of 50 to 90+ age group to be 827 since start of pandemic, with 16,000 confirmed cases, of which 15,173 recovered. This is only CONFIRMED CASES vis collated positive test results. SB County dept of health estimates that conservative actual number of covid infections to be 200k +, as in their own words state that majority of covid positive cases people don't even feel sick, so don't bother to get tested, when they feel "healthy" whenever even suspect they got infected. So, that puts SB County deaths of 918 total deaths against estimated actual infected of 200k+ at a mortality rate of 0.00415 percent.

You espouse and promote the shutdown in order to save lives. John's Hopkins University hospital estimates backed by Pugh research center figures, that total covid lockdown economic related deaths in the next 5 years, due to poverty and homelessness/nutritional/unable to get medical treatment due to being unable to pay/no health insurance due to lost employment to be 500k+. Estimates of another 20 MILLION people to have measurable shortening of life and persistent illness due to covid poverty related effects, if shutdowns to persist for 6 more months, with resulting 30 million people losing previous levels of attainable employment/income streams.

All of which would be eliminated if economy were to be able to ramp back up to pre covid levels.Unfrtunately, it is too late, as even conservative numbers from CA EDD postings estimate that 8 million CA jobs are going to permanently disappear.

All of the shutdowns, by CA govt press releases will continue, until minority group TESTING RATES increase to county average testing rates, and the number of positive result cases are brought down to a weekly changing ever more stringent, literally unattainable set of benchmarks. Not deaths, not hospitalizations, not people who actually become incapacitated for a week or two, not number of people who feel mildly ill, but number of people, irregardless of whether or not they don't even know they contracted it, because they are Asymptomatic.

Now, to go back to your assertion that people not socially distancing and wearing masks will naturally increase the case count. That is correct and accurate, except for still unknown just how effective the lockdown measures have against doing the open laissez faire route (aka Sweden). Still all the medical experts, even those of Democrat origin, agree (consensus) that ALL will eventually get covid, and the more strict the lockdowns, the longer the eventual herd immunity will take, even possibly a decade or more.

Since you will eventually be exposed and your immune system will haveto deal with it, please explain to us here how it is a better idea to sequester for ten years, and get it at 70 years old, versus 60 years old? It sucks to have to deal with human mortality from any cause, be it old age, illness, accident, etc.I postulate that it is worse to slow down the infection curve well, well below what hospitals are currently equipped to handle, while every month that lockdowns continue, mortality fromlckdown caused issues eventually surpass number of people who will die from covid.

Please explain to us here how TEMPORARILY preventing your eventual having to deal with covid as better than getting it while your body is younger, and has a HGHER percentage, statistically speaking of successfully overcoming the virus.

You say that people who want to get it over with are going to kill many, yet by looking at the stats, those that will die from contracting it will actually go higher,every year they manage to avoid getting it.

The only explanation I have heard, as a rebuttal to those who want to resume normal life, is that ther hospitals will be overwhelmed. Since the number of hospitalizations in SB County have been decreasing at an increasing rate these last few months, that should be an indicator that most likely the virus has culled the majority of people who were most at risk, and as the infection rate spreads through the normal, healthy population, and death percentages lower to below annual flu deaths, it is extremely ill advised to exacerbate total harm to our citizens in terms of eventual overall illness, death, destitution, and misery.

I get that you are afraid of covid, and are terrified of contracting the virus. I am 52 years old, so am getting up in the higher risks group as well. I, and my family went through symptoms of an extra bad flu in Janurary. Different than any previous flu we have had in the past. Did we get covid, and not know? Possibly. My brother's family down the hill all got covid. 3 of them never had any symptoms, but tested positive, after contact tracing prompted them all to get tested. Most likely they are now immune, and will be a part of the future immune herd population. You yourself might have contracted it, ave you been tested? I don't see a need for testing everyone, as I believe we will all get it, eventually, and the same number of us who survive the yearly flu will survive this covid. That is just what I see by looking at the ever clarifying stats. In a year or so, we will have even more stats to look at, and be able to make a clearer informed conclusion, but govt and complicit media has already destroyed the ability of politicians to make a rational, informed response, their egos preventing their ability to backtrack from "Infallible" edicts that are subsequently proven wrong.
Rumor Mill
Sun Oct 18 2020, 06:58AM

Registered Member #191
:
145 pages

Millennia’s sorry to tell you that there is no Santa Clause, no Easter Bunny, No Tooth Fairy, Have a great day
Not Kidding
Sun Oct 18 2020, 07:10AM

Registered Member #159755
:
Cricket, again you missed the point entirely, my post had nothing to do with badmouthing having a job instead of running a business - the point is that thousands of businesses have been destroyed perhaps never to come back again because of bad decisions made by our government, particularly in California. Destroying businesses decimates jobs, families, and the economy, don't you get that this is an enormously BAD IDEA? In many cases the results of these lock downs will be far worse than perhaps getting sick, and yes, for many it may even be worse than dying.

It goes without saying that people have had to adapt to this madness, doing a job you might not want to do, etc. - THE PROBLEM IS THAT THIS SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING TO ANYONE ANYWHERE OVER A VIRUS!!!!!!!

You can't make this stuff up
Go to page   <<        >>  

Moderators: Craig ⭐, ©ammy ⭐, Lumber Jill ⭐, Mtngoat John⭐, Deb Doodah⭐, SCM ALERT🚨, Benny ⭐, Socalmountains Admin, ⚡WX ALERT⚡

Jump:     Back to top