Current Weather @ 9:35 PM Clear skies Temp 68.6º Humidity 13% Winds S 10.0mph Max Gust 31.1mph
Todays Extremes High 79.6º Low 39.7º Rain 0.00" Rain Rate 0.000" per hr Snow 0.00" Season 93"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)
None at this time
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
ROADS AND TRAFFIC
Updated: 09:30 PM v2.1
Run Spr to Highland  (330): 22 mins  
Highland to Run Spr  (330): 22 mins  
Big Bear to Run Spr    (18): 22 mins  
Run Spr to Big Bear    (18): 21 mins  
Big Bear to Redlands  (38): 65 mins  
Redlands to Big Bear  (38): 66 mins  
Big Bear to Lucerne    (18): 32 mins  
Lucerne to Big Bear    (18): 33 mins  
=Light  =Moderate  =Heavy Traffic
Road Conditions Page: Click Here
Guests: 373, Members: 8 ...
Deb Doodah⭐
Stormchaser
Lostinbigbear
Metcalf Man
Tlingit
Hugereilly
sned (KT7P)

most ever online: 1871
(Members: 29, Guests: 1842) on Nov 30 : 08:15am

Members: 6096
Newest member: Rustydog
SUPPORT SCM!
Support SCM by making a single or recurring donation.

Member's Birthdays:

Upcoming Birthdays:
Jun 01 SilentSky
Jun 01 Glen
Jun 02 Kix
Jun 02 SierraStar
Jun 03 moongraphic
Jun 04 sweetie
Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: GENERAL DISCUSSION
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

CITY OF BIG BEAR LAKE WILL NOT ENFORCE GOVERNOR'S ORDERS *DISCUSSION*

Go to page   <<      
Author Post
Airport Razz
Fri May 29 2020, 03:36PM
Registered Member #7434
:
Interesting turn of events today. Still no TP or paper towels to be seen but I was able to walk out with 1 8oz bottle of hand sanitizer and 1 box of kleenex??????????? This is OK and the new Norm? I refuse to accept that as an answer when we are now experiencing traffic jambs on the blvd. All hail the might tourist Bonanza of $$. Put stuff back on the shelves already or slow down the humanity flow, not cut it off, I know we need the tourists, just slow it to a manageable density. You can't cram this many people into the valley and expect them to SD on their own accord. Too many 2 and 3 yr old mentalities out there for that to happen.

Hey, I'm going to go celebrate my 'score' of hand sanitizer by popping open an ice cold Corona. Drink that Virus!!! You all have a great, pleasant, and safe weekend out there.
rsbruce
Fri May 29 2020, 04:33PM
Registered Member #13219
:
MtMan wrote ...

I'm sure y'all are aware that masks are NO longer required to be worn. Debate is over, it is OUR choice so please refrain from trying to shame those who choose not to wear one, though that crap doesn't work on me. You have that choice, you, to live in fear or not. Again, we will all be just fine....

First I want to thank MTMan for wearing a mask when the business requires it THANK YOU!\

To your comment about it being a choice to not wear a mask..

If you are NOT wearing a mask, your Constitutional rights end when you exhale in public.

Hold your breath when around others and I will support your right to not wear the mask in public,.

RSBruce

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
“I’ll be darned!! First time I’ve seen anything fake on the internet!!” - Energy Secretary Rick Perry - August 2019
“Don't let your mind wander, it's far too small to be let out on its own.”
Polar 🌌rbit
Fri May 29 2020, 05:08PM
Registered Member #14051
:
Don't fart in public either...

Don't blame me! I was left unsupervised!

You can divide the world into two kinds of people: Those who divide the world into two kinds of people and those who don't!
MtMan
Fri May 29 2020, 05:38PM

Registered Member #110
:
What an absolute intelligent response Bruce..

Polar, thanks for your contribution to the conversation.

Airport, i, for one, agree with your last post. For what's that worth.

Shut Up and Fish!
Tlingit
Fri May 29 2020, 05:56PM

Kaagwaantaan Tlingit
Registered Member #14258
:
Look.. I wear a mask whenever I enter any building regardless of whether they require it or not. I'm required to wear at work. I hate it but if it helps someone else's anxiety then I'll do it. Not because I'm a lemming but because I have an allergy related cough, and people get nervous. I get tested weekly by the way, and I'm negative. Here's the rub.. if MtMan chooses to not wear a mask, it's his right. I don't think he should be subjected to name calling or lectures, when it's not required. I've been in stores where 1/4 of the people weren't wearing masks, or social distancing. I've raised an eyebrow, but never started to sweat over it.

When you’re happy you enjoy the music, when you’re sad you understand the lyrics.
Nature
Fri May 29 2020, 08:46PM

Registered Member #611
:
I said it earlier. Some may wear a mask out of fear but most wear one out of consideration, and I personally feel, intelligence. There's is no hatred here. It’s concern for others. If mask-less people don’t get the virus in a really bad way they could pass it to someone who is far more vulnerable. No biggie if we had a vaccine. People can chose to get the vaccine or not. There is no defense right now. The entire world and all governments don’t shut down over nothing. Be sensible. People are left in the streets in South America. They are told not to bother going to the hospitals as there is no room and will he turned away. Think. It’s no worldwide conspiracy or hoax. People who wear masks care about themselves and others. Stay home? Face it, sometimes people ”have to” go out. No one is enjoying this situation.
Go to page   <<      

Moderators: Craig ⭐, ©ammy ⭐, Lumber Jill ⭐, Mtngoat John⭐, Deb Doodah⭐, SCM ALERT🚨, Benny ⭐, Socalmountains Admin, ⚡WX ALERT⚡

Jump:     Back to top