Current Weather @ 03:36 AM Clear skies Temp 41.1º Humidity 52% Winds ESE 0.0mph Max Gust 3.5mph
Todays Extremes High 43.7º Low 41.1º Rain 0.00" Rain Rate 0.000" per hr Snow 0.00" Season 93"
LATEST ALERTS (whats this?)
None at this time
Welcome
Username:

Password:

Remember me

[ ]
[ ]
ROADS AND TRAFFIC
Updated: 03:00 AM v2.5
Run Spr to Highland  (330): 21 mins  
Highland to Run Spr  (330): 21 mins  
Big Bear to Run Spr    (18): 22 mins  
Run Spr to Big Bear    (18): 20 mins  
Big Bear to Redlands  (38): CLOSED   
Redlands to Big Bear  (38): CLOSED   
Big Bear to Lucerne    (18): 33 mins  
Lucerne to Big Bear    (18): 34 mins  
=Light  =Moderate  =Heavy Traffic
Road Conditions Page: Click Here
Guests: 293, Members: 2 ...
holeinbow
Fairway

most ever online: 2417
(Members: 45, Guests: 2372) on Jul 03 : 04:58pm

Members: 6799
Newest member: Brother
SUPPORT SCM!
Support SCM by making a single or recurring donation.

Forums
Socalmountains.com :: Forums :: GENERAL DISCUSSION
<< Previous thread | Next thread >>   

Big Bear PHR taking over the community

Go to page   <<      
Author Post
cricket
Wed Aug 05 2020, 07:41PM

Registered Member #39
:
More about Mr. Rush leaving Tahoe.

[Click Here]

Summer will be here soon!
Jellylorum
Wed Aug 05 2020, 07:47PM

Registered Member #2069
:
Reminds me of Labor Day 1991. The 63K acre Willow fire was still burning. A few days previous, it had made a run from Big Bear/GVL to Apple Valley in a few hours - at night, downhill. The theme song at work was from "Jaws"

"Come on up, everything's fine... "

[Click Here]
Nature
Wed Aug 05 2020, 11:30PM

Registered Member #611
:
Apparently Southlake Tahoe liked Mr. Rush. So why did he leave? Was it because they banned vacation rentals? Was it because he feels they’re going to overturn that decision? Was it because he had a better offer in Big Bear?
In discussions with him, he has shown me he is 100% for business over residents. I think that fact has shined brightly during this pandemic and how things have been handled in the City. The City of Big Bear Lake made their bed by disconnecting/incorporating. As far as banning vacation rental properties, the home values within City limits would probably tank for a little while and then recover, probably nicely. The areas considered the most desirable for rental income would change dramatically. There would be such an uproar from those property owners. But, the majority of them cannot vote in the city’s elections. Many Realtors disclose the possibility of this happening because of the lawsuit between vacation rentals and Apples Bed and Breakfast approx 10 years ago.
Rentals won that round.
Socalman
Thu Aug 06 2020, 09:01AM

Socalman
Registered Member #228
:
I do not know what the code is Big Bear City, which falls under the county. I just know that in the last few weeks we have received notices from the county of two new short term rentals within "a short distance" of our place.

While we are part timers, our little place is a family vacation home and as such we allow a number of siblings, nieces and nephews to come up. I believe all are respectful. Indeed of the four nieces and nephews from my brother, they all were residents of BBC for several years. On occasion we have allowed friends from our church to go up. Short-term rental? NO WAY. We want to know who may be in our place and have control.

Back around mid-April my wife and I were talking and we came to the conclusion that Big Bear would have a very busy summer because so many people would not travel by airplane. Only those places that were within a few hours drive would see lots of tourists. That seems to have turned out to be what has happened.
Nature
Thu Aug 06 2020, 09:26AM

Registered Member #611
:
If you want to know what applies to Big Bear City read the San Bernardino County updates. Think of it as laws/rules to be followed in unincorporated Cities such as Big Bear City. Laws #1. Federal #2. State #3. County.
The City of Big Bear Lake has to comply with Federal and State regulations.
Go to page   <<      

Moderators: Craig ⭐, ©ammy ⭐, Lumber Jill ⭐, Mtngoat John⭐, Deb Doodah⭐, SCM ALERT🚨, Benny ⭐, Socalmountains Admin, ⚡WX ALERT⚡

Jump:     Back to top